2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

what, the rest of the band - innocent people - aren't allowed to consider what might be best for them? 

How's that talking shit? :rolleyes: 

The whole philosophy of the band was to believe accusations like that...

Based on his own statement, I think it's probably true to enough of an extent for the split to be necessary. 

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The whole philosophy of the band was to believe accusations like that...

then that's perhaps what led to the split rather than necessarily a personal belief in the accusations.

Above, I was merely pointing out that supposition of MJ's guilt was translating into all sorts of other ideas such as "the others must believe he's guilty else they wouldn't have split", on the basis of almost nothing.

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Based on his own statement, I think it's probably true to enough of an extent for the split to be necessary. 

Yup, i'd agree.

And if they knew that was the sort of statement he was going to make, they could reach that conclusion to split without having to take any personal belief about whether their associate was guilty or not into account. 

How much they know of their associate's character to know he was like that or not, to believe he was like that or not, who knows?

But whatever, they probably would know it was best to end the band.

20 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Mmmm bit dissapointed if i'm honest. Its alright i guess but for Jeppo its definitely her weakest song since IRLY personally. Production bangs but lyrics are definitely sub-par. (Plus i was on the disco-carly hype train)

Fair play to her for going toe to toe with Divinyls and Billy Idol in the blatantly singing about w*nking stakes.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

then that's perhaps what led to the split rather than necessarily a personal belief in the accusations.

Above, I was merely pointing out that supposition of MJ's guilt was translating into all sorts of other ideas such as "the others must believe he's guilty else they wouldn't have split", on the basis of almost nothing.

Yup, i'd agree.

And if they knew that was the sort of statement he was going to make, they could reach that conclusion to split without having to take any personal belief about whether their associate was guilty or not into account. 

How much they know of their associate's character to know he was like that or not, to believe he was like that or not, who knows?

But whatever, they probably would know it was best to end the band.

Oh yeah, I agree them splitting the band up isn't necessarily them admitting his guilt. In this case, he was the main songwriter/music writer/producer, so it's impossible to replace him. Since the whole thing seems to point to it being true (IMO omly), splitting up is probably the only thing they could do.

1 hour ago, Retro P said:

New Prodigy, same old. Some of it might sound great live (usually the case with these) but on record it’s all a bit dull. 

Really enjoying it. Liam seems to have gone back to his roots. Light up the Sky is a right tune. Champions of London is the low point and the following tracks don't offer much either but i'd say it's a solid album for the most part.

Most reviews seem positive too.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

14 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Really enjoying it. Liam seems to have gone back to his roots. Light up the Sky is a right tune. Champions of London is the low point and the following tracks don't offer much either but i'd say it's a solid album for the most part.

Most reviews seem positive too.

It’ll grow on me, prodigy albums usually do. Still an underwhelming first listen but will give it a couple more goes. 

9 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

VINCE STAPLES NEW ALBUM OUT NOW SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS

never know what to think of Vince Staples. I think if his hooks were better I'd love him but there's only so many times I can listen to ''Get the fuck off now, get the fuck off my dick''. Seen him live a couple times though and his shows are sick. When he's in full flow he's great but the hooks nearly always let me down, probably just a personal thing. Hopefully the new one doesn't have the same issue for me.