2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

Prodigy album is dece tbh, agreed with whoever said Champions of London was the low point. First half was very enjoyable, thought it finished quite strongly as well. A few tracks there I'd like to see live.

The final track is good but Champ, Boom Boom Tap and Resonate didn't do much for me on first listen. 

Anyone else heard the new Plump Djs track? I love it

Edited by WS_Jack_III

I’ve had female only Friday, just because ...

(I find I mainly listen to music written and performed by males so fancied broadening my horizons a bit)

I’ve listened to

Janelle Monae, boygenius, Neneh Cherry, Gaga (obvs), Robyn and a little bit of Carly Rae.

Loving Neneh & boygenius. Not convinced yet about Robyn but ok,  and cannot get into Janelle (do I persevere?). Will await the new one from Carly.

The night is still young though. Anyone got any others they can throw at me? 

1 hour ago, Phoenix Girl said:

(I find I mainly listen to music written and performed by males so fancied broadening my horizons a bit)

I’ve listened to

Janelle Monae, boygenius, Neneh Cherry, Gaga (obvs), Robyn and a little bit of Carly Rae.

Loving Neneh & boygenius. Not convinced yet about Robyn but ok,  and cannot get into Janelle (do I persevere?). Will await the new one from Carly.

- Sway by Tove Styrke (features a cover of liability originally by Lorde)

- Saturn by NAO (bit more rnb)

- Black Honey by Black Honey (Midnight ia such a banger, but there are guys in the band)

- Lost & Found by Jorja Smith

- I'm All Ears by Let's Eat Grandma

• Upvote 1

Debut album from Miya Folick is absolutely brilliant. @Phoenix Girl might be another one for your female listening spree. Chock full of bangers.

Also really enjoyed the new one from Bill Ryder-Jones. Seen a few reviews say it's a bit boring/one note (a lot of 'Yawn' puns) but I don't come to Bill for bangers so this hit all the right notes for me. Think it's been posted here before but I really love this first single from the album:

Also not sure if they're really known around these parts but the new album from noise rock band Daughters is fantastic. I didn't even realise they'd reformed five years ago until recently so seeing this album ready for release was a really nice surprise. Full album's here if anybody fancies a listen:

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I’ve listened to

Stick with Janelle.

Try Childqueen by Kadhja Bonet as well

Edited by Quark
Auto correct
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Also not sure if they're really known around these parts but the new album from noise rock band Daughters is fantastic. I didn't even realise they'd reformed five years ago until recently so seeing this album ready for release was a really nice surprise. Full album's here if anybody fancies a listen:

Been listening to this all week, it's sick. Had never heard of them before this album came out.

Yeah I’d never heard of Daughters until this album either but I heard Satan in the Wait and loved it, the rest of the album is great too. Taken me a good few listens to properly get into it but most of my initial listens were at work and it’s not really an album for that. They’re touring over here next April so I might head to that.