Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

39 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Am I the only person in London who doesn't mind the O2?

I find myself talking shit about the O2 but I've been three times (Neil Young, Nick Cave and Kendrick) and all of them were incredible so I guess I'm just a big fraud. Always been in standing though mind you...

Still a pretty grim place overall but all three of those gigs were exceptional. 

13 minutes ago, henry bear said:

The O2’s ok if you’re not in the top tier.

I've been in the top tier a couple of times and have never found it that bad, certainly no worse than being towards the back of the Pyramid field. It's high but it's also very steep so you never that far away from the action (well I don't anyway).

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

They wouldn't sell half that anywhere else in the country.

I love how the North West supports their local bands, but this is getting ridiculous.

I refer you to Gerry Cinnamon's run of shows at the Barrowlands and would suggest, in Scotland, we passed the ridiculous point some time ago.

Edited by SwedgeAntilles
for clarity

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I refer you to Gerry Cinnamon's run of shows at the Barrowlands and would suggest, in Scotland, we passed the ridiculous point some time ago.

Blossoms have sold out a stadium in Stockport.

In London they are subbing the pissing Kooks.

Edited by Hugh Jass

13 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Found it fairly interesting the Massive Attack posters mention subject to licence. Realise it’s usual, but given the fact that:

- the venue has never been used before 

- it’s virtually a dry run for the arena

could make licensing fairly interesting.

Yeah it will be interesting to see how they go down.

the fact they need to put shuttle buses on tells you it’s a stupid place to build an arena

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not sure that's a fair comparison dental, Massive Attack are one of the few major acts from Bristol (Portishead are the only other big one that comes to mind) so their homecoming shows are likely to take on greater significance.

The NW gets behind any old shit.

I don't see Crispy Ambulance playing Heaton Park.

Massive Attack being the Courteeners of Bristol is no bad thing. They're actually a great emblem for the city.

45 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not sure that's a fair comparison dental, Massive Attack are one of the few major acts from Bristol (Portishead are the only other big one that comes to mind) so their homecoming shows are likely to take on greater significance.

The NW gets behind any old shit.

Not really. Far better bands than the Courteeners have never filled Heaton Park or played gigs that big, New Order and the Smiths are two such examples when talking about local bands.

Only Oasis, Roses and now the Courteeners who have consistently filled 30000+ venues in Manchester

Edit - Simply Red and Take that as well.

Point is though, there is only the Courteeners who fill out large venues in Manchester but don't elsewhere.

All the other heavyweights also sell out big venues elsewhere.

Edited by eastynh

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Not really. Far better bands than the Courteeners have never filled Heaton Park or played gigs that big, New Order and the Smiths are two such examples when talking about local bands.

Only Oasis, Roses and now the Courteeners who have consistently filled 30000+ venues in Manchester

Not just Heaton though, as noted above Blossoms sold out Edgeley Park in minutes. I think because the NW has produced so many great artists over the years people are always more eager to get behind local acts than the rest of the country are from what I’ve seen. Courteeners, Blossoms, et al play much bigger gigs up there than they do anywhere else. It’s just a shame a lot of them are shit.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not just Heaton though, as noted above Blossoms sold out Edgeley Park in minutes. I think because the NW has produced so many great artists over the years people are always more eager to get behind local acts than the rest of the country are from what I’ve seen. Courteeners, Blossoms, et al play much bigger gigs up there than they do anywhere else. It’s just a shame a lot of them are shit.

Have you ever been to Edgeley Park? ???