6 hours ago, e2p2 said:

Not standard by RW standards ?

7 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Thursday is embarrasing. The other days are good to great. Friday is amazing and despite Muse, sunday is great too (New Order, Mac DeMarco, Rosalia, Balthazar are great names for me). Saturday is lesser to my tastes but objectively its a strong day too. 

So despite that godawful 'remain in the tents' thursday, its still one of the better major lineups of 2019.  

14 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Friday is amazing, saturday is good while thursday and sunday are weak. That's basically it:D For me personally sunday is really good too but that thursday ugh

Have to admit Thursday looks very bad 

For me the Friday is great, while the others are ok to good. I actually don't mind the Thursday too much, if it hadn't been for the fact that it is cut in half. If RW come up with a solution for that I'm happy enough (I don't need any big names, just some decent undercards early in the day). Last year involved too much running and too many clashes, so maybe this year there will be time for some drinking and relaxing too ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tmolvik said:

Sziget, happening over a month after RW has managed to announce their schedule.. 

nearly over 2 months after*

but also nearly all of the big july festivals didn't complete their lineup yet, so there might be someone they are all waiting for or they are all planning to book bands last minute to increase daily ticket sales

6 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

Given that placebo is now a strong rumour for glastonbury, i wonder if theyre the band RW have gone for 

It all depends on what day Placebo plays Glastonbury and vice versa... Hopefully they are at Werchter on the Thursday

hi folks . We  are going to head to RW this year for first time .And would really appreciate some  advise / hints & tips / questions answered  .

We have been to Down the Rabbit hole in Holland a couple of times in last few years so no stranger to Euro festivals  .

If this isn't the correct place or if there is already a section somewhere on the forum we can get all the info then please point me in the right direction .

We are traveling from Aberdeen by car  . Still deciding on tunnel or ferry again but thats easy sorted .

Its more question re the festival site its self .

we are to arrive on Wednesday so going to fork out the extra 30.00 bucks for staying at the Hive section that night ,( I think that's what it means on the website anyway)

Q1. how far is the car park from the camping section there ?

Q2. Is there any restriction on the amount of booze you can take in to camp site ?

Q3. is it worth shelling out on booze / food tokens before head there or it is a well getting that sorted when arrive ?

well that's my starter question I can think of at mo .

so much thanks in advance for any help / advise

dyceloon    

Hi, I think I am in here due to Glasto failure! A few questions, is it a bit of a comedown after being a Glasto regular? Also done Sziget twice but heard there is little to do here except music, but I LOVE the line up.

Is there a shop nearby to stock up on snacks and booze for the campsites? Assuming you can't take drink into the music area like Glastonbury?

3 hours ago, Maartiinn said:

It all depends on what day Placebo plays Glastonbury and vice versa... Hopefully they are at Werchter on the Thursday

Well given they won't be playing glasto on the thursday i don't see why it matters? On the last EU tour they did quite a few dates back to back in different cities and on the festival tour they played a couple of back to back fests in different countreis 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dyceloon said:

hi folks . We  are going to head to RW this year for first time .And would really appreciate some  advise / hints & tips / questions answered  .

We have been to Down the Rabbit hole in Holland a couple of times in last few years so no stranger to Euro festivals  .

If this isn't the correct place or if there is already a section somewhere on the forum we can get all the info then please point me in the right direction .

We are traveling from Aberdeen by car  . Still deciding on tunnel or ferry again but thats easy sorted .

Its more question re the festival site its self .

we are to arrive on Wednesday so going to fork out the extra 30.00 bucks for staying at the Hive section that night ,( I think that's what it means on the website anyway)

Q2. Is there any restriction on the amount of booze you can take in to camp site ?

Q3. is it worth shelling out on booze / food tokens before head there or it is a well getting that sorted when arrive ?

well that's my starter question I can think of at mo .

so much thanks in advance for any help / advise

dyceloon    

The Hive gives you access from Wednesday. I can't answer about the car but can help about the booze. There is a restriction on amount of booze that's written on the website, in the practical info but they don't enforce it so you can bring as much as you like pretty much. Don't bring glass to the campsite though! Transfer your liquids into plastic bottles and it will be OK. You can buy tokens for food and drinks online and save some money but you can definitely buy them on site. Additionally you can pick up empty bottles and cups and return them in the recycle stall for drink-only tokens (20 empty cups=1 token). 

1 minute ago, e2p2 said:

The Hive gives you access from Wednesday. I can't answer about the car but can help about the booze. There is a restriction on amount of booze that's written on the website, in the practical info but they don't enforce it so you can bring as much as you like pretty much. Don't bring glass to the campsite though! Transfer your liquids into plastic bottles and it will be OK. You can buy tokens for food and drinks online and save some money but you can definitely buy them on site. Additionally you can pick up empty bottles and cups and return them in the recycle stall for drink-only tokens (20 empty cups=1 token). 

how many tokens is it for a beer (in what size) and what is the food like?

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Hi, I think I am in here due to Glasto failure! A few questions, is it a bit of a comedown after being a Glasto regular? Also done Sziget twice but heard there is little to do here except music, but I LOVE the line up.

Is there a shop nearby to stock up on snacks and booze for the campsites? Assuming you can't take drink into the music area like Glastonbury?

It's a great music festival with very nice people and atmosphere. And yes, it's not Glastonbury or Sziget as the music is the major thing here. I think that if you'll head there with the expectation of enjoy music performances and have fun, you'll have a blast! 

There are supermarkets not far from the shuttle station in Leuven which I think that's the ideal place to buy stuff. 

Just now, e2p2 said:

It's a great music festival with very nice people and atmosphere. And yes, it's not Glastonbury or Sziget as the music is the major thing here. I think that if you'll head there with the expectation of enjoy music performances and have fun, you'll have a blast! 

There are supermarkets not far from the shuttle station in Leuven which I think that's the ideal place to buy stuff. 

Thanks, I have a lot of questions if you have time! Our flight is with Ryan Air and gets in at 10am on Thursday. Is this too late or ideal? Would you get a train from the airport to Leuven and then a shuttle? What is it like finding a camping space if arriving Thursday afternoon? Did that at Glastonbury and NOWHERE to camp.

5 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

how many tokens is it for a beer (in what size) and what is the food like?

1 token for 330ml Jupiler or Hoegaarden Rose which are sold in stalls. There are bars (Apero) with other beers but I can't remember which, sold in glass cups so you can't take it outside the bar area. 

Food is varied. Some stalls are better, some are worse. Same goes the price, from 2 tokens up to 9 I think, depends on what you want. The service is quick and you never really queue. 

3 hours ago, Dyceloon said:

Not so close. 

I arrived on Wednesday night and I remember with all camping stuff and luggages about 30/40 mins walking. 

But it may have been so long because of beer-stops :)