NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

1 hour ago, clasher said:

I'm quite certain they are just wearing us down deliberately and they have something really nice in store.

If not, this is so far the okayest lineup of the year. We are forgetting that the line-up so far is not bad. We also tend to forget the absence of shit acts (I'm talking about the main two stages, can't say much about clubbing stage as I don't know any of the acts). So unless they hit us with crappy headliners on the second day, we'll be - at worst - fine.

With so many festivals announcing plenty of names lately something big here shouldn't be too far.

To sum up, do not despair (just yet) ?

2018 was an excpetional year for Nos Alive, they had a very good competition for other portuguese and europen festivais and also it was Rock In Rio year in Portugal that´s why they made a big lineup like that so comparing 2019´s lineup that is not even half complete with 2018´s lineup is mistake and I see a lot of people have high hopes after seeing Pearl and Arctic Monkeys but that won´t happen, there are few headliner bands touring in 2019 so it will be difficult to make a very good lineup, but for now the Sagres Stage is superb, and comparing Nos Alive´s lineup until now with other festivals it´s consistent and good, let´s wait until March and see the final thing.

Edited by festivalguy97

I think that Catfish and the Bottlemen could be a possibility for NOS??

Personally would love Depeche Mode or Echo & the Bunnymen but that would be very unlikely along with The Strokes ?.

Theres not many else that haven’t been mentioned here already like flo etc. Hopefully they’ve got a big name up their sleeves... the suspense is killing me though!!! ?

17 minutes ago, JustWanted2Be1OfTheStrokes said:

I think that Catfish and the Bottlemen could be a possibility for NOS??

Personally would love Depeche Mode or Echo & the Bunnymen but that would be very unlikely along with The Strokes ?.

Theres not many else that haven’t been mentioned here already like flo etc. Hopefully they’ve got a big name up their sleeves... the suspense is killing me though!!! ?

Echo are already playing solo in Portugal and their somewhat acoustic set would not fit. Depeche Mode headlined 2017, too early for a comeback. Catfish sure, they're a possibility

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

Again, never heard of him. Getting slightly concerned about this line up

I can't comprehend how they think that these names are in any sort of way helping them against their competition. I'd much rather have them not revealing these people instead of handing out as the announcement of the day. What a joke

6 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I can't comprehend how they think that these names are in any sort of way helping them against their competition. I'd much rather have them not revealing these people instead of handing out as the announcement of the day. What a joke

Good point. The last batch of announcements won’t have caused a surge in ticket sales. So much choice around Europe, you’d think they might have announced some big hitters to capture the market. Strange strategy announcing complete unknowns 

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

Good point. The last batch of announcements won’t have caused a surge in ticket sales. So much choice around Europe, you’d think they might have announced some big hitters to capture the market. Strange strategy announcing complete unknowns 

I'd say that it even has a negative effect towards ticket sales as it just makes people more impatient which at this point is totally understandable

I could understand them possibly being unable to release a couple of big names due to contract issues.you would think at this stage though the whole line up would be finalised so to still be announcing smaller acts every week would suggest their a bit thin on the ground for even middle of the bill acts.