What's your exit strategy?

kalifire

16 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'm a UK resident but have travelled into France/Belgium quite a bit.  I've always driven and used the Eurotunnel.  It's faster and more regular than ferries.  There's nothing to do on the train but wait by your car but it's only around a 35 minute journey. 

It's pricier though...

2016 - got a coach back after Coldplay - this was a brilliant decision for the year as I was showered and in bed back in London by about 5/6am. after a long muddy festival.

2019 - packing up camp by around 8/9am and out as quickly as possible. Was parked on the East side of the festival (despite camping on West) but this allowed for a very swift exit.

2022 - again packed up and was out in my car by around 9.30/10. Took a bit longer to get out this time, but that was fine as I was probably on the borderline regarding fit to drive so didn't mind the 30 mins it took to get out the carpark.

2023 - will do the same - early wake up around 8ish, pack up and get out of there as soon as possible. Will just have a slightly more sober Sunday night. 

I find any festival site on the Monday morning quite depressing - just seeing everyone packing up and the place emptying out - just a stark reminder that it is all over! So I'm always keen to just get out as quickly as possible. 

I've previously only had coach tickets and used Reading, but this year I couldn't snag one, so I'm trying the train in from Paddington. Some of the comments suggest this is an experience. I'm aiming to depart around 10am, so hopefully much of the carnage will have bled out.

2 hours ago, 2019 said:

I've previously only had coach tickets and used Reading, but this year I couldn't snag one, so I'm trying the train in from Paddington. Some of the comments suggest this is an experience. I'm aiming to depart around 10am, so hopefully much of the carnage will have bled out.

It’s 20 years since I got the train but that seems like peak time for queues at Castle Cary.

I had to work at 9am on the Monday last year, so took a load of stuff to the car on Sunday morning then had a 'sober' day on the Sunday, leaving pretty much straight after Kendrick had finished. Drove out instantly and the sober day was actually one of my favourites!!

24 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’d say would miss the peak if leaving at 10am from Paddington . 

My bad, I should have explained that 10am was my intended departure time from the festival to CC. I'm in no rush, so may leave it an extra hour, especially if the weather is fine.

4 minutes ago, Fishinginthelongdrops said:

On the coach this year. When do we find out what time our coach will be? Do we book a time or does it just get allocated?

if its a see tickets coach package last year we got the email with times on 27th may but this can vary slightly 

1 minute ago, Fishinginthelongdrops said:

Are you allocated your return coach time by SeeTickets?

I love a big Sunday to close the festival. Not being in control of my leaving time could put the brakes on that.

yep it often follows that an earlier arrival might mean an earlier departure ...

1 hour ago, Fishinginthelongdrops said:

Are you allocated your return coach time by SeeTickets?

I love a big Sunday to close the festival. Not being in control of my leaving time could put the brakes on that.

A couple of years ago friends of mine got rubbish early return times from SeeTickets so booked additional national express single tickets for their journey home later on Monday. 

11 hours ago, stuie said:

A couple of years ago friends of mine got rubbish early return times from SeeTickets so booked additional national express single tickets for their journey home later on Monday. 

I did that before after the free for all scrum I saw on Monday morning at Gate A.

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I did that before after the free for all scrum I saw on Monday morning at Gate A.

I used SeeTickets coach for the previous 4 years, I've yet to be asked for the return ticket, and have always just got on the first coach that has a space.

I agree this free-for-all system has flaws, but I guess if they attempted to enforce the correct tickets and departures, many coaches would leave half empty. Full coaches are better for the environment.

5 minutes ago, 2019 said:

I used SeeTickets coach for the previous 4 years, I've yet to be asked for the return ticket, and have always just got on the first coach that has a space.

I agree this free-for-all system has flaws, but I guess if they attempted to enforce the correct tickets and departures, many coaches would leave half empty. Full coaches are better for the environment.

Absolutely but it doesn't help when you've to catch a flight!

2013 I think. Up at 8am. Realised we were missing the flight if we waited for the bus back to London so paid for a coach to Bristol, train to London and then 3 tubes and a train to the airport and made the 5pm flight by literally 10 seconds.

Oj Simpson Running GIF - Oj Simpson Running - Discover & Share GIFs

OJ running through airport on Make a GIF

Edited by The Nal

21 minutes ago, 2019 said:

Yet,  I've used it twice (2015 & 2022) and been asked for my ticket both times! 🙂 

26 minutes ago, 2019 said:

Seems crazy to not check tickets at all!  I understand why they'd be flexible which departure you got on but they aren't even checking you've paid for a seat at all? 

18 minutes ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

Thicko question, but do you get a separate coach ticket with your GA ticket, if on seeticket coach? I used them last year but got a lift back so didn't pay much attention

That's correct.  You get emailed your coach ticket which gets you your GA ticket after you board.