Sam Fender

sisco

• 1 month later...

"Sam Fender is very pleased to announce an arena tour this December, his first UK tour since Spring 2022.

"The seven-date run commences in Dublin in six weeks on December 2nd at the 3Arena, and concludes on December 20th at the Utilita Arena back in Newcastle. The tour also calls in Leeds, Manchester, London, Birmingham, and Glasgow.

"Sam’s return to London at the O2 Arena will signal his first performance in the capital since headlining Finsbury Park back in the Summer of 2022. Since those dates, Sam has headlined Reading & Leeds Festival in 2023, and Boardmasters earlier this Summer.

"Due to the expected high demand, tickets for the Newcastle show on will be available by ballot to customers with North-East postcodes only.

"£1 from every ticket sold for the UK dates will be donated to the Music Venue Trust in support of grassroots venues."

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

GaKTNnSXMAA6oQj?format=jpg&name=medium

For me, that now makes this a tour to get Christmas sales in and be ready to be in the Glastonbury conversation for 2027 if it doesn't happen this year. My guess would be BST, IOW and maybe TRNSMT for Fender. Have 2026 off and 27 be available for Glastonbury. He's very much there though for this year if the call is made though.

4 minutes ago, northernangel said:

For me, that now makes this a tour to get Christmas sales in and be ready to be in the Glastonbury conversation for 2027 if it doesn't happen this year. My guess would be BST, IOW and maybe TRNSMT for Fender. Have 2026 off and 27 be available for Glastonbury. He's very much there though for this year if the call is made though.

I’ve just said elsewhere but he’s asked to be considered for 2025 festivals.  I’d imagine he could well be a Glasto special guest and then fill in IF needed.  But specially lined up for 2027 to do it 

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’ve just said elsewhere but he’s asked to be considered for 2025 festivals.  I’d imagine he could well be a Glasto special guest and then fill in IF needed.  But specially lined up for 2027 to do it 

That would be my betting. He obviously loves the festival and is happy to see himself lower but the festival don't want to use him before his headline time, he's 3rd down choice for me. I kinda don't see the point in a secret size either without the festival being on in 26. My guess is the 27 conversation has been had. I've already put out Fontaines, Chappell and Fender as my current 27 prediction.

I've got no opinion on Mr Fender, but I am liking the very old fashioned nature of this "campaign" - album announced at short notice and tour dates at six weeks' notice rather than selling dates over a year in advance and releasing singles six months ahead of the album so it feels old by the time it comes out.

(I know it maybe wasn't planned that way - it might have been touch and go whether the album would be ready in time for the pre Christmas dates that were being held).

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

"Sam Fender is very pleased to announce an arena tour this December, his first UK tour since Spring 2022.

"The seven-date run commences in Dublin in six weeks on December 2nd at the 3Arena, and concludes on December 20th at the Utilita Arena back in Newcastle. The tour also calls in Leeds, Manchester, London, Birmingham, and Glasgow.

"Sam’s return to London at the O2 Arena will signal his first performance in the capital since headlining Finsbury Park back in the Summer of 2022. Since those dates, Sam has headlined Reading & Leeds Festival in 2023, and Boardmasters earlier this Summer.

"Due to the expected high demand, tickets for the Newcastle show on will be available by ballot to customers with North-East postcodes only.

"£1 from every ticket sold for the UK dates will be donated to the Music Venue Trust in support of grassroots venues."

Surprised nobody is talking about the last line.

Its good to see another major act doing it after Coldplay - especially one who is a brand new major act pretty much 🙂 good on him

40 minutes ago, WFD said:

I've got no opinion on Mr Fender, but I am liking the very old fashioned nature of this "campaign" - album announced at short notice and tour dates at six weeks' notice rather than selling dates over a year in advance and releasing singles six months ahead of the album so it feels old by the time it comes out.

(I know it maybe wasn't planned that way - it might have been touch and go whether the album would be ready in time for the pre Christmas dates that were being held).

Well, I do like him, but hard agree on this. Buying tickets for a gig in only a few weeks time is a welcome blast from the past. Anyone have an idea on prices?