The Killers

jparx

1 hour ago, giantkatestacks said:

I will get to see in person How BST handles the exact same thing on Sunday, luckily for them the Kpop fans probably have much less crossover in terms of interest in football.

Looking very much like I shall also be there. Might need to do some intensive Stray Kids homework between now and Sunday. Which mainly involves learning not to call them the Stray Cats.

• Upvote 1

Just now, onemoresolo said:

Having Lightning Seeds booked for the day of the Euros final has turned out to be a genius booking.

Reading the actual post, makes it sound like they're sticking around after their main set maybe? Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it / wishful thinking... But I almost read it to imply they're gonna play 3 lions just before the game too. 

38 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Looking very much like I shall also be there. Might need to do some intensive Stray Kids homework between now and Sunday. Which mainly involves learning not to call them the Stray Cats.

Having experienced Blackpink last year me and my Loop earplugs are ready for it. We're in GC as well, just to make it worse. 

18 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Having experienced Blackpink last year me and my Loop earplugs are ready for it. We're in GC as well, just to make it worse. 

Breaking news: In the last 5 minutes, word has come through that I might yet be spared. This is like waiting for a last minute reprieve when you're on death row (I mean, it's obviously not, but you know where I'm coming from)

53 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Breaking news: In the last 5 minutes, word has come through that I might yet be spared. This is like waiting for a last minute reprieve when you're on death row (I mean, it's obviously not, but you know where I'm coming from)

I demand that you attend and give us minute by minute updates on the whole thing.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I demand that you attend and give us minute by minute updates on the whole thing.

What would be really good is someone else giving minute by minute updates on Mardy throughout it.

Just now, philipsteak said:

What would be really good is someone else giving minute by minute updates on Mardy throughout it.

"There's a bloke here, 3 times the age of everyone else, he's just called someone a c**t"

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, giantkatestacks said:

I also note that I'm not getting any sympathy at all. Fecking patriarchy at work. 

You need to build up a reputation for hating everything* first. But you have my sympathy. 

I expect there will be more people there than the seventeen that turned out to watch Seventeen at Glastonbury 

*Apart from the fecking Pet Shop Boys. 

Edited by Gnomicide

4 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Exactly, it was brilliant, from a US band too, to know their British audience like that speaks volumes. 

Listen to the roar on that final whistle, sounds to me like the vast vast majority there absolutely loved it. 

Saw The Gaslight Anthem at Rock City last night, they didn't show the game but they did acknowledge that it was going ahead and that they don't care if people want to keep checking their phones/celebrate etc

Lots of shouting and celebrating when the news started spreading and then some big singalongs of "three lions" in-between songs

I think a band understanding and embracing it rather than getting snooty about people not being fully focused on the concert is the best way to handle it, the atmosphere genuinely gave me shivers in the aftermath of the final whistle and we didn't even have the game on to watch

• Upvote 3

This thread back alive? Good enough. Saw the first Manchester show, probably trumped the stadium run in '22 for me, even if the setlist wasn't too far off the beaten track.

My frustration is self-indulged; had tickets originally for the third Manchester show, which I swapped before the start of the tour. Lo and behold, they went deep on Battle Born - my favorite record - and played Battle Born, the song - a top-five track for my personal tastes - in my absence.

I've flubbed a couple of gig moments in my life, but this one is a personal best...

Last night in London was good fun. Made a last minute decision to acquire a side-stage ticket and they sounded on good form.

I was hoping for a rare song with it being the last show of the UK tour and possibly last in the UK for a year or two judging by comments the other day (Midnight Show is the one I really wanted) but still. It was very nice. And no need for a football broadcast to add to the hype indeed.

On 7/11/2024 at 8:21 AM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

The Killers paused their show in London last night to show the end of the England game.

Final whistle. England 2-1. Streamers go off. Crowd goes nuts. Straight into Mr Brightside. Amazing.

What? Delayed Mr Brightside for a football,score? Why?
IMG_1472.jpeg.75006cbe65ff90fc935348111a5811e2.jpeg

seriously, great result all the best for Sunday🤞

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

What? Delayed Mr Brightside for a football,score? Why?
IMG_1472.jpeg.75006cbe65ff90fc935348111a5811e2.jpeg

seriously, great result all the best for Sunday🤞

So you’re not ABE then?