The Killers

jparx

Absolutely nothing behind it, but surely they'll just do the smaller Hot Fuss shows in that week gap between the arena ones? Sure it'll make people angry because they'd rather just see that, but people will be keen enough to pay.  Seeing as half the band just like cashing the cheque (fair play) surely they won't be going back and forth. 

Wonder if like those TRNSMT and Garage ones after Wembley they'll just be last minute announcements, rather than an anniversary tour.

3 hours ago, mynameismatt said:

Absolutely nothing behind it, but surely they'll just do the smaller Hot Fuss shows in that week gap between the arena ones? Sure it'll make people angry because they'd rather just see that, but people will be keen enough to pay.  Seeing as half the band just like cashing the cheque (fair play) surely they won't be going back and forth. 

Wonder if like those TRNSMT and Garage ones after Wembley they'll just be last minute announcements, rather than an anniversary tour.

if they were gonna be super last minute i doubt they'd be talking about it 6 months in advance

2 hours ago, gfa said:

if they were gonna be super last minute i doubt they'd be talking about it 6 months in advance

Agreed. I'm forever jealous of people who went to that date at the Islington Garage after Wembley in 2013 (though the first I heard about it was the day after) but these Hot Fuss dates are clearly something they're putting some work into planning if it's already been discussed at this point in time with the expectation that an announcement is coming at some point in Jan/Feb.

Edited by charlierc

On 12/24/2023 at 12:16 AM, Superscally said:

You know that a normal Killers set is wayyyyyy better than a Hot Fuss set?

For me I've seen the main Killers set so many times, I'd love to take it back to the first time I saw them in 06 and hear some of those old tracks again. 

I want it to be a one off big gig that anyone can get tickets for, vs tiny ones where there's no chance 

13 hours ago, august1 said:

looking at some of the footage of reading festical, the depressing realisation that everyone in the crowd in the view wasnt born when the song came out all going mental.

Oasis had a revival 6-7 years ago with the youth, seems the killers have as well or they just never went away?

Well, the fact Mr Brightside has seemingly never left the charts helps. Though even then a few other songs still have solid reputation. As did the fact they sold out a big stadium tour in 2022 (which was meant to be in 2020 before that f**king pandemic).

On 12/31/2023 at 10:39 PM, august1 said:

looking at some of the footage of reading festical, the depressing realisation that everyone in the crowd in the view wasnt born when the song came out all going mental.

Oasis had a revival 6-7 years ago with the youth, seems the killers have as well or they just never went away?

did oasis ever actually go away?

dark fruits indie etc has been around for years - i guess this is what your referring to

On 1/2/2024 at 12:14 PM, gfa said:

did oasis ever actually go away?

dark fruits indie etc has been around for years - i guess this is what your referring to

Oasis stayed popular with the people from the time but that didn't translate into the youth picking up on them until 6-7 years ago.

The demographics at Gallagher gigs has massively shifted to kids, not just the old timers. Liam's stock is so much higher now

9 minutes ago, august1 said:

The demographics at Gallagher gigs has massively shifted to kids, not just the old timers. Liam's stock is so much higher now

The resurrection of Liam Gallagher, from Beady Eye fronting has been to Knebworth selling solo megastar, has been one of the more baffling stories in the last decade of music.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

A Hot Fuss show feels pointless when they play most of at their regular gigs anyway.

I'm still yet to get Midnight Show at any of The Killers gigs I've seen. Shame as I think it's the best song in the post-All These Things section of Hot Fuss and it has been played now & again.

10 hours ago, charlierc said:

I'm still yet to get Midnight Show at any of The Killers gigs I've seen. Shame as I think it's the best song in the post-All These Things section of Hot Fuss and it has been played now & again.

I had it at the warm-up in Sheffield and in Doncaster on the first night of Imploding the Mirage proper. I'm aware I'm quite lucky there.

There's a few songs I've never had that I'd love to get but the likelihood of them is slim. I was quite surprised My God was limited to sporadic appearances on second-night shows in 2022, given a lot of folk seemed to cite it as a highlight from the record. (I'm kind of shocked My Own Soul's Warning and Dying Breed both made the Rebel Diamonds album, but then, they did get the live airtime.)

12 hours ago, august1 said:

Oasis stayed popular with the people from the time but that didn't translate into the youth picking up on them until 6-7 years ago.

To be fair its not just young people that have moved him from doing 5k shows to headlining 2 nights at knebworth.

I think people were unsure to give him the chance solo and then very quickly jumped on

He's definitely marketed himself well towards the dark fruits crowd etc

10 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I had it at the warm-up in Sheffield and in Doncaster on the first night of Imploding the Mirage proper. I'm aware I'm quite lucky there.

There's a few songs I've never had that I'd love to get but the likelihood of them is slim. I was quite surprised My God was limited to sporadic appearances on second-night shows in 2022, given a lot of folk seemed to cite it as a highlight from the record. (I'm kind of shocked My Own Soul's Warning and Dying Breed both made the Rebel Diamonds album, but then, they did get the live airtime.)

I absolutely recall seeing it on the Sheffield & Doncaster sets, think we'd absolutely get an airing of Midnight Show in Coventry and ending up being disappointed.

Randomly we got the only airing on that UK tour of This River is Wild, which may have felt more special if I hadn't heard it more often than not.

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

I absolutely recall seeing it on the Sheffield & Doncaster sets, think we'd absolutely get an airing of Midnight Show in Coventry and ending up being disappointed.

Randomly we got the only airing on that UK tour of This River is Wild, which may have felt more special if I hadn't heard it more often than not.

Not had that one before, myself. Would fancy it. To be fair, a Sam's Town anniversary show would do more for me than Hot Fuss

Famously in the camp that disagrees with Brandon and thinks Battle Born boasts some of their best tunes. It's the most arena-calibrated record in their arsenal, for me. 

Surely given this arena tour is in service of the greatest hits album they’ve just released it’s all just going to be stuff off that?

The 2019 Pyramid setlist was perfect by the way. A masterclass in knowing what the crowd wanted and giving it to them.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Surely given this arena tour is in service of the greatest hits album they’ve just released it’s all just going to be stuff off that?

The 2019 Pyramid setlist was perfect by the way. A masterclass in knowing what the crowd wanted and giving it to them.

Truly an on-the-box all-timer for me at home, even with the fan bias. Only misstep was Bling (Confessions of a King) over Run for Cover, in terms of currency.