The International Contingent

beefykoala

a friend in the UK got through on resale day for us both

wasn't sure if mind would come in the post or be at the box office at ped gate A, like the internationals last year. 

she rang seetickets and they told her that mine would be delivered to her flat. Seems odd but ok!

It fits the logic I think. 

Question: the royal link mail I have gives an error, but it does say in the email that the tracking number may not be recognised until the tickets have been attempted to be delivered.

Is that the same for anyone here and is it a normal UK mail thing that the tracking works AFTER and not BEFORE something reaches its destination? 

Luckily I have full trust in my usual postman so as long as he doesn't have a day off I know he'll do the right thing but I wouldn't mind anticipating a bit 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Any bag packing tips for those flying and have limited space? First time flying to a festival and feel a bit tight on space, although a good weather forecast would ease the burden.

I have a 20kg checked in bag (45l rucksack), 10kg bag and bagpack as hand luggage. My tent and ground mat take up almost the entire 20kg bag in terms of size (although not even half of the weight), then clothes and toiletries into the 10kg bag which leaves me with a sleeping bag and one or two tiny bits in the bagpack. Will be picking drink up once I touch down so that is not an issue.

Would love to bring a chair but currently don't see how I could squeeze it in, any advice on this or general packing ideas to create a bit more space send it my way please!

Edited by LeFreak

30 minutes ago, LeFreak said:

Any bag packing tips for those flying and have limited space? First time flying to a festival and feel a bit tight on space, although a good weather forecast would ease the burden.

I have a 20kg checked in bag (45l rucksack), 10kg bag and bagpack as hand luggage. My tent and ground mat take up almost the entire 20kg bag in terms of size (although not even half of the weight), then clothes and toiletries into the 10kg bag which leaves me with a sleeping bag and one or two tiny bits in the bagpack. Will be picking drink up once I touch down so that is not an issue.

Would love to bring a chair but currently don't see how I could squeeze it in, any advice on this or general packing ideas to create a bit more space send it my way please!

This is why I sail and Rail out of Dublin, takes forever but just easier in the long run

2 hours ago, LeFreak said:

Can you securely attach your tent and/or sleep mat to the outside of your ruck sack? Or buy a bigger rucksack if you still have weight left? 

5 hours ago, John the Moth said:

It’s been a couple of years. Got a lot of catching up to do with family and friends 🙂

I’d spend the whole flight(s) boring everyone who would listen about going to Glastonbury.  Emirates had glastonbury highlights on their screens coming home from NZ last time we did the journey! 

4 hours ago, LeFreak said:

Where are you travelling from?

*edit: I see you might be in Dublin? I’m also in Dublin and heading across by ferry Monday week. From there I’ll be in Bristol and will head to the festival early (2am early) Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

If I can make life any easier for you, I should have space in the car if you’d like to fire a few things in 👍🏼

Edited by TheDayman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sedra said:

Can you securely attach your tent and/or sleep mat to the outside of your ruck sack? Or buy a bigger rucksack if you still have weight left? 

The sleeping mat fits in one of the side pockets, but the tent takes up virtually all of the space inside the rucksack. Buying a new one would probably work out as expensive as just checking another bag in - an option definitely, but trying to cut a few corners. Thanks for reply!

57 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

Where are you travelling from?

*edit: I see you might be in Dublin? I’m also in Dublin and heading across by ferry Monday week. From there I’ll be in Bristol and will head to the festival early (2am early) Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

If I can make life any easier for you, I should have space in the car if you’d like to fire a few things in 👍🏼

Thanks a million for that offer, that is very kind of you! I should be fine though, will just be a tight squeeze in regards to bringing extra stuff. A few members of our group live in London and are driving so I'll probably just ask one of them to pick me up a chair!

7 hours ago, LeFreak said:

Thanks a million for that offer, that is very kind of you! I should be fine though, will just be a tight squeeze in regards to bringing extra stuff. A few members of our group live in London and are driving so I'll probably just ask one of them to pick me up a chair!

No worries mate, offer stands if you change your mind ✌🏼

Are you heading to the festival via. London? Did that myself the first time I went.

1 hour ago, TheDayman said:

No worries mate, offer stands if you change your mind ✌🏼

Are you heading to the festival via. London? Did that myself the first time I went.

Nope the majority of us are flying into Bristol early the Wednesday morning! Then going to collect booze and on the 12 bus to the festival. Some of our group live over there and are driving from London. 

Initially planned on getting the ferry, had it booked and everything, however our driver pulled out which hiked up the price and I didn't personally feel like driving on the Monday morning. Hopefully it all works out! 

Flying from Singapore next Friday here.

The only way I can manage it is by stashing my festival gear at the in laws and relying on friends to pick it up. I used to be a lot more minimal with my festival packing, and even though i still try to keep it light, decent air beds alone take up a tonne of space.

2019 was my last time, and I arrived on the Monday, had to get the wife and kids from Heathrow to the midlands, then back down to be ready for Oxfam volunteering. Arriving on Friday and having a few days to get over jet lag is a dream. Fair play to anyone arriving from afar the day before and powering through. It can be rough!

5 hours ago, Led festivals said:

Flying from Singapore next Friday here.

The only way I can manage it is by stashing my festival gear at the in laws and relying on friends to pick it up. I used to be a lot more minimal with my festival packing, and even though i still try to keep it light, decent air beds alone take up a tonne of space.

2019 was my last time, and I arrived on the Monday, had to get the wife and kids from Heathrow to the midlands, then back down to be ready for Oxfam volunteering. Arriving on Friday and having a few days to get over jet lag is a dream. Fair play to anyone arriving from afar the day before and powering through. It can be rough!

I saw a Glastonbury bag last november when in Singapore, was it you 😉 ?

17 hours ago, LeFreak said:

Nope the majority of us are flying into Bristol early the Wednesday morning! Then going to collect booze and on the 12 bus to the festival. Some of our group live over there and are driving from London. 

Initially planned on getting the ferry, had it booked and everything, however our driver pulled out which hiked up the price and I didn't personally feel like driving on the Monday morning. Hopefully it all works out! 

You could rent a tent and ask your mates from London to bring it with them 

7 hours ago, glagol said:

Nice on letting people, I assume temporarily, park near the pick up point.

Now, what happens if you arrive after 9pm?

Screenshot_20240619_184619_Email.jpg

Don't quote me but I think in the past years you could then go to a security booth or something like that?

On 6/15/2024 at 10:53 AM, LeFreak said:

You need a bigger rucksack. I use an 80 litre one and I can fit everything in it. 

On 6/17/2024 at 12:06 AM, moogster said:

I'm thinking Tiong Bahru market, possibly on a saturday.

It could have been me. I was near and/or in the market one weekend in November. We’re around there every so often because it’s near one of the few gluten free restaurants in Singapore and is the only reliable place we can feed my daughter out.

I’m all packed and flying tomorrow night. Safe travels everyone!

• Like 1