The International Contingent

beefykoala

7 hours ago, kalifire said:

Well, I've made the difficult decision to abandon plans to go back home this Christmas 😔. The cost of flights is just too damn high - pure exploitation of the holiday traffic (costs are about half, a month either side of Christmas). Spoke to my parents last night to let them know. Not a happy conversation, but they understood.

😔 I've been looking at pretty much the same journey (to Bristol from Melbourne).... bizarrely the cheapest way home was the 'wrong' way around, with a stop in Hawaii and either San Francisco or NY. Absolutely mad prices home right now.

Edited by EamerRed

Has anyone thought about getting GBP now, while the exchange rate is better against Euros?

Obv, it's a good time to do it now, but you would have to do it now before the pound recovers, before tickets come out next month. If you are likely to use those pounds anyway in the future, could be worthwhile.

• 1 month later...

It’s 8pm Sunday here. 

I know there’s more to it than the line up, but given I’ll only be doing one Glastonbury over the next two festivals, I’ll be waiting for some info before booking my flights. Unless I get carried away with a particularly great price and just go for it, which is probably what will happen tbh. 

Quite understandable! I'm looking at a cancellable hotel for the night before but I  am waiting a bit to book the rest of the trip, because I feel that it would be a pity to go over just for Glasto, as in maybe stay a little longer in the UK... And my ticket to London's probably only going to be 200 gold coins instead of how don't know how many thousand gold coins for you...

The good thing about being 10,000 miles away is that the ticket sale is at 8pm, so there's no chance of over sleeping, and no morning grogginess. The down side is that there's a looooong wait until the sale and everyone else is asleep!

Hope the international contingent have lots of success later.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, kalifire said:

The good thing about being 10,000 miles away is that the ticket sale is at 8pm, so there's no chance of over sleeping, and no morning grogginess. The down side is that there's a looooong wait until the sale and everyone else is asleep!

The wait IS painful! You also need to factor in not sleeping tonight due to the adrenaline/despair.

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

Haha yeah! It’s 11AM for me which is much better than 9AM

45 minutes ago, dougal1 said:

No joy for me from Australia, anyone else lucky? 

I'll take it as the stars aligning for me to return in '24 for Taylor Swift

We got lucky.  First group done and paid for at 4:09am ET.  Second group at 5:15am ET, well after the sold out message went out. I'm mentally spent.

Happy to help out anyone who is trying in the resale.

I managed to get through for one of our groups waaaaay after it was "sold out". They must have bagged the very last handful of tickets available. Someone else in my group got through for me a few minutes before. I'd reconciled not going by that point though - it was total anarchy this year.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I managed to get through for one of our groups waaaaay after it was "sold out". They must have bagged the very last handful of tickets available. Someone else in my group got through for me a few minutes before. I'd reconciled not going by that point though - it was total anarchy this year.

Yeah i thought we'd be way done in 45 mn and i think i tried  for 1h45. (For others).

So. Let's talk travelling. Who here thinks i am safe booking a train at 8 pm on monday ( st pancras)  when our coach to London is officially departing at  9 am?

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Not yet, one of our group got to the payment screen but it froze up. See what April brings 😞

How about you?

We were lucky, managed to get tickets well after the sold out notice appeared. Best of luck in April, should be a decent amount of tickets will be back in the pot.             
Hopefully next year at this time we will manage out to Auckland to see the family In Hobsonville. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We were lucky, managed to get tickets well after the sold out notice appeared. Best of luck in April, should be a decent amount of tickets will be back in the pot.             
Hopefully next year at this time we will manage out to Auckland to see the family In Hobsonville. 

We should get a beer if you make it over 🙂

• Upvote 1

Anyone from the arse end of the world looking for flights might want to check out Malaysia Airlines right now. They're coming in a good $800 ish cheaper than anyone else. Not sure why - I can't find any mention of a sale, but I just bagged my flights for next June at a pretty decent price :)

• Like 4