Dua Lipa

CaledonianGonzo

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

She didn’t do her own sound check and it showed, vocals were okay but if she did the check this morning it would have been better. 

it was still amazing, and she put her hart in it and it showed. 

You think a glasto headliner (via their tech) didn’t sound check their mic?! Ridiculous shout. Course they did.

22 minutes ago, henry bear said:

What’s the deal with her vocals? People here saying she doesn’t lip-synch, but to me that didn’t sound 100% ‘live’. 

There was definitely a backing track in places. Was noticeable when she went off piste to talk to the crowd and you could still hear her singing in the background even though she herself was talking to the crowd.

Based on the telly coverage it looked as good as it was ever likely to be, without ever quite pushing into classic status. The best pop headliner since Adele but no more than that. She seems nice though so I’m happy it went well for her. 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

4 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

I was standing next to the gates they put in to create her a pathway to get to the mini stage and she walked past twice. Overall I thought the performance was great but the atmosphere in the crowd at the front was a little flat. 

Flatlined further back when f**ko from Tame Impala started d@bbing down

4 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Give Ova!

Radiohead and Blur have both played in those 17 years and thats just for starters.

Not to mention Elton last year.

Didn’t see either , did see Elton … tbf it was a split decision . Although just the day has helped and actually making it . When I was fairly close to thinking I wouldn’t on medical grounds 

5 hours ago, henry bear said:

What’s the deal with her vocals? People here saying she doesn’t lip-synch, but to me that didn’t sound 100% ‘live’. 

it was pretty damn live. Put on headphones and listen. You can tell when she is on the mic which is 95% of the  whole set. Theres some sections where she is dancing and theres backing track going but thats by design moreso. There is no crystal clear moment where you think its lip sync and then you hear her voice cut in and such. I dont know where it came about that somebody like Dua isnt doing mad cardio to be able to pull these shows off.  Also because she used a real microphone and not the earpiece mic you cant fake your vocals cause its obvious.  Im sure because Adele was strolling around and belting it out you think everyone has to do it that way, but thats not how it is. 

still weird that people think a show thats supposed to run like clockwork is not a good thing. Yeah, the Tame Impala moment had its slip up but that was a small reality check into the well oiled machine?

Edited by Suprefan