Dua Lipa

CaledonianGonzo

I was on the catwalk barrier and was blown away by the show, sounded great, looked amazing, atmosphere in the crowd was wild, the security guards and dancers were grinning ear to ear watching the crowd reaction.. it’s up there in my top 5 Glastonbury sets of my 18 Glastonbury’s.  Can’t wait to watch it back. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Loved the set in the field, one of my favourites of the whole weekend. Having watched it back on the telly, it didn't seem to have quite the same impact. Could be because I was behind a speaker and I felt the bass rattling my bones at times. Seemed a lot louder in real life. 

2 minutes ago, Db79 said:

Loved the set in the field, one of my favourites of the whole weekend. Having watched it back on the telly, it didn't seem to have quite the same impact. Could be because I was behind a speaker and I felt the bass rattling my bones at times. Seemed a lot louder in real life. 

I’d agree with this, just watched a bit of the TV coverage and it’s good but the wow factor definitely came from being there and being blasted with high energy pop bangers and kick ass choreo. She sounded sooo good, really strong vocals and the pyramid sound system sounded so clear and powerful. 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Given the past couple of days, why would anyone doubt whether or not Dua Lipa can headline Glastonbury?

the haters on the other side of the internet felt she wasnt worthy and that she had to "do more". Whatever that means

Processing the festival on the way back home and Dua was my headliner pick of the weekend, I think. Slick, well produced, well sung, and a proper two-fingered salute to anyone who thought she wasn’t deserving of the slot. I loved it.

The TV showed some of the bits that made it so special on the wide shots, the lights, fireworks, projections etc, but being there was a whole other level. And how amazing are those lights on the towers? They add so much

One of my favourite ever Headliners and watching it again tonight it took me right back there.

Most artists don't have THAT many hits, especially after 3 albums. The new stuff sounded incredible I thought too

Edited by efcfanwirral

My favourite Pyramid headline set ever, was right at the front, few rows from the barrier, was up close for the Be The One singalong.

Falling Forever unreal live btw what a debut.

it was so bassy in the field, my videos capture that well but the BBC mixing on tv is shite, they proper sh*t the bag this year. Most sets did not sound as good replayed. 

Edited by Xeph1995
  • Like 2

On 7/2/2024 at 1:05 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Watching back. That performance of Levitating is gonna be the one for future clip shows.

"Hallucinate" was my tune of the entire weekend.

On 7/5/2024 at 9:35 PM, Xeph1995 said:

Falling Forever unreal live btw what a debut.

So glad I listened to the new album in the weeks before going, that one plus These Walls and Happy For You were brilliant, and I'm glad I already knew them so could appreciate them properly. 

I keep going back to Electricity, though pretty much the whole set was amazing

Dua clearly won the Glastonbury Expose Award for impact on sales.

Radical Optimism up from 27 to 3

Future Nostalgia up from 100 to 8

Dua Lipa up from 69 to 10

Screenshot_20240708_142349_Chrome.thumb.jpg.623a70b9703d216c592d6c1506c5b62f.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Dua clearly won the Glastonbury Expose Award for impact on sales.

Radical Optimism up from 27 to 3

Future Nostalgia up from 100 to 8

Dua Lipa up from 69 to 10

Screenshot_20240708_142349_Chrome.thumb.jpg.623a70b9703d216c592d6c1506c5b62f.jpg

She only has 3 records right? For them all to re-enter the top ten is fascinating. More grist to the "Time to play Wembley Stadium" mill.

Shame on the losers that didnt think she could do it.

On 7/3/2024 at 12:12 AM, efcfanwirral said:

The TV showed some of the bits that made it so special on the wide shots, the lights, fireworks, projections etc, but being there was a whole other level. And how amazing are those lights on the towers? They add so much

Was this the first time they had put lights on the towers? I can't recall seeing them lit up before and it looked amazing!

I was never a fan of Dua Lipa previously, I didn't dislike her, I just didn't really listen to her and I guess I didn't really get the hype. However, I watched her set from start to finish on tv the night she was on and I loved it. Didn't realise I I had heard so many of her songs and that woman has stamina! Full dance routine to about 90% of her set! What a show. 

Just now, Tartan_Glasto said:

Was this the first time they had put lights on the towers? I can't recall seeing them lit up before and it looked amazing!

I was never a fan of Dua Lipa previously, I didn't dislike her, I just didn't really listen to her and I guess I didn't really get the hype. However, I watched her set from start to finish on tv the night she was on and I loved it. Didn't realise I I had heard so many of her songs and that woman has stamina! Full dance routine to about 90% of her set! What a show. 

Also dry ice released from the towers....

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I did spot some lasers from the towers in an old Coldplay 2011 clip the other day, but i don't remember it being regular since and definitely not to that level. 

We got a spoiler for the whole light and pyramid projection show the night before, we were on our night shift break at like 4am and happened to see them testing it all out, including the signature appearing at the top of the Pyramid. Probably testing it then to avoid spoiling it for most people! 

I keep listening to her since we got back, I had a feeling it'd be great but it was even better than I expected! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Not difficult to sound great when much of the music and vocals are pre-recorded, understandable to a degree when she was dancing a lot but it's a bit of a stretch to call this a live performance given the analysis here,

So Dua sounded great and Cyndi sounded sh*t, but a least she was doing it live. BTW Fil has been exposing the use of autotune , pitch correction and other fakery in the business for quite some time, you might not like this message but he is a champion of real live music.