Dua Lipa

CaledonianGonzo

Watching it back now. She was mint.

Me and Mrs.MEGABOWL went because we’d put her in the category of ‘would like to see but wouldn’t go to her own gig’ but now we’re thinking we would go and see her again. Can’t pay her any more compliment than that.

54 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I get hives when I see youtube explainer videos, soz. A grim business all told.

Besides, she didnt mime, his analysis is inaccurate.

He never claimed she was miming, his point is she is singing live along with a pre recorded vocal, essentially a double tracked vocal. he even isolated her live vocal and comments on it.

Just now, Wooderson said:

His video is designed to discredit, delegitimise and demoralise. Its not welcome.

Sorry that's your impression, I disagree but I really shouldn't have posted it in this thread, should have put in the Cyndi thread, might have got a less emotional and more reasoned response. Going to leave the subject now.

2 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Sorry that's your impression, I disagree but I really shouldn't have posted it in this thread, should have put in the Cyndi thread, might have got a less emotional and more reasoned response. Going to leave the subject now.

Appreciate your kind response mate. I don't mean to be too defensive either. Apols.

• Upvote 1

Nice to see Ticketmaster offering ticket+coach options for the wembley gig. Soured on biggreencoach last year after they cancelled my Def Leppard and Madonna coaches a week before I was meant to be getting on them. I assume ticketmaster making them part of the ticket means they have to exist even if take up isn't great.

Edited by Padjeq

Managed to get the wife and her sister tickets for  Wembley next summer on o2 priority......ticket prices eye watering though

(prices inc booking fees)

Golden Circle £145

Rear Standing £115

Lower Seating £130

Upper Seating £80, £100 & £115

😮 

6 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Managed to get the wife and her sister tickets for  Wembley next summer on o2 priority......ticket prices eye watering though

Golden Circle £145

Rear Standing £115

Lower Seating £130

😮 

Took a look and this just reminds me the incredible value of the festival . People knock the pointy stage but that is where you definately get your moneys worth . Sadly I’m out with those prices 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

Took a look and this just reminds me the incredible value of the festival . People knock the pointy stage but that is where you definately get your moneys worth . Sadly I’m out with those prices 

I paid £130 for rear standing inc fees for AC/DC at Wembley on Sunday, and I only did that really as a big group of us went plus I know I'd never see them live again (saw them once before in 2009)

I got her £115 seating tickets and whilst she's glad she's going (it sold out v quickly) she did say its quite a lot and it was at the more mid-range of prices so wasn't much more I could do (the £80 and £100 ones had already sold out)

17 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I paid £130 for rear standing inc fees for AC/DC at Wembley on Sunday, and I only did that really as a big group of us went plus I know I'd never see them live again (saw them once before in 2009)

I got her £115 seating tickets and whilst she's glad she's going (it sold out v quickly) she did say its quite a lot and it was at the more mid-range of prices so wasn't much more I could do (the £80 and £100 ones had already sold out)

Dua sold out Wembley Stadium?

33 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Golden Circle £145

Rear Standing £115

Lower Seating £130

😮 

It's gone onto dynamic pricing now, so average price is way higher now.

That second date has flown out.

All lower tier seats gone except random 1s, the back of the gods is pretty much gone too just a couple thousand seats left on the sides of gods and a bit of standing!

I wonder how many people criticise Dua for an elaborate, choreographed headline set in which she sung live and danced, whilst at the same time praise acts who plug in a USB stick, press play, bounce around and let the light show create the illusion they’re doing anything. 

• Like 1

I Just wish the bicep glue mix had come across better live. i didnt catch it at all until i watched the show back. i was pretty close to the front barrier where the mini stage was. no i wasnt spangled before anyone asks !

On 7/8/2024 at 7:35 PM, gizmoman said:

Not difficult to sound great when much of the music and vocals are pre-recorded, understandable to a degree when she was dancing a lot but it's a bit of a stretch to call this a live performance given the analysis here,

So Dua sounded great and Cyndi sounded sh*t, but a least she was doing it live. BTW Fil has been exposing the use of autotune , pitch correction and other fakery in the business for quite some time, you might not like this message but he is a champion of real live music.

Nah this video can get to f**k.