Dua Lipa

CaledonianGonzo

55 minutes ago, crumbler said:

New album has already sunk to 32 on the charts, doesn't seem to have captured the zeitgeist or left any lasting impression on people. Here's hoping she pulls it back for the next one and ditches Parker and Harle.

Sunk like a stone. When you're a mainstream popstar like that it's very rare you get another chance to be at the top.

Still can't believe she sacked off her Future Nostalgia management company to hire her dad instead.

Is it possible Dua Lipa never guested with Elton John last year because he had already agreed to save a duet for her set this year?

He seemed keen to highlight young talent during his own set, so maybe this works out better for both of them. Also reiterates from EJ's perspective that he's not totally finished, he's just done touring.

Just a total guess, sorry if this has already been ruled out! 

2 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Sunk like a stone. When you're a mainstream popstar like that it's very rare you get another chance to be at the top.

Still can't believe she sacked off her Future Nostalgia management company to hire her dad instead.

New tracks just aren't as catchy are they, that's the main issue. Looked at other setlist from recent times and she plays a lot of it. Might walk past and catch a couple of tracks but I'll be heading to Fontaine's DC I think. Remember her first appearance in the John Peel tent less than half full, thought she was great.

Dua’s latest insta post, she really is one of us  https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8oogbnMGJu/?igsh=MTVleXF2eHdpbDl5dg==

The only thing I ever want from artists (especially a headliner) is for them to ‘get it’. I want them to be as excited to perform as we all are to be there.

Theres no doubt how much this means to Dua, she’s fully embraced it and she will be giving us everything on the Pyramid. Very excited to see her performance and dance the night away on Friday 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

Yes, she was good but not quite headline material just yet imho

Yeah that's a mad shout!

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Bizarre shout, soz. 

Indeed

50 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

She absolutely smashed it … best headliner on pyramid I’ve seen in 17 years in my opinion 

I did stand watching her and apart from what I didn't know, thought, I can't remember many that went to that level. It was like a production from an artist that you wouldn't expect to agree the pyramid but did. Obviously she had a decent sized crowd but I have seen bigger. I just managed to watch insomnia from Faithless, left that.and got to dua lipa 5/6 minutes before she was due on and being short anyway I'd say I got a half decent spot. People did leave though and it was fairly spacey at times. I never expected her to pull the biggest headline crowd though.

She definitely brought the spectacle and I couldn't believe how many songs I knew given I'm not really a fan.

If I had any complaint, I don't think she's got the most diverse back catalogue compared to other pop stars. My wife summed it up as 'every song feels like the finale'. Think it meant there wasn't the usual ebb and flow you get in a headline set.

Watching on TV as unlucky in the ticket sales this year, she came accross as ok, wont be remembered as one of the best or worst headliners, somewgere in the middle ground.

Shes not my type of music but thought id watch anyway to see what shes like, im sure if youre into her music it was a great set, but if not, it was just an ok headliner, if id been on site id have been elsewhere so maybe im not her target demographic