Dua Lipa

CaledonianGonzo

1 hour ago, goldfishboy said:

i don't normally watch pyramid headliners but went to dua and i think she smashed it. helped that she obviously REALLY wanted to be there and she owned the headline slot. thought they did a great job with all the lights and projections and fulfilled her wish of turning the field into a nightclub.

My only disappointment was not being closer to the middle for dua lipa but I would have seen even less than I did being short so I'll take what I got. I'm not sure going to see Faithless do insomnia first, although good, was worth it.

I’ve just spotted on my latest rewatch of the Dua set that all the dancers have in ear monitors in (is that what they’re called?) - not sure I’ve ever noticed that before with dancers for a big show - I assume it’s got the choreo prompts on so they all stay in sync?  I find all that kind of thing fascinating.  I found the prompts that Madonna got for Celebration tour online somewhere and it was a mix of the choreo and lyric prompts .. I think my brain would be overloaded with all that going on and I’d lose the plot and miss all the cues!

Anyway, having watched it a few times now I’m so impressed with Dua’s headline set, there’s not a bad song in it (though the tame impala song broke to momentum somewhat), they’re all proper bangers. I’ve discovered a load of new favourite tracks from it, like These Walls and Be The One.  She totally smashed it. 

Edited by Pipine

On 7/13/2024 at 10:15 AM, charlierc said:

Strangely I find it easier for getting last minute Twickets pick-up for stadiums than for arena shows. There was barely anything for The Killers' six shows this week, with the exception of the Wednesday show, likely from a lot of people wanting to watch the England v Netherlands game instead.

I got my Foo Fighters and Green Day tickets for Manchester within a week or so of each gig in June without issue. Foos was about £25 less than face value on Twickets the night before and I got Green Day on a production release on See, which I was happy to pay for the front pit.

In total it was around £160 for two 2 and a half hour gigs, plus Wet Leg as one of the supports and both in the front section with great view and sound, so not bad really.

Interesting on The Killers, there were loads for a couple of the Manchester dates, but I couldn't justify it with the above mentioned ones and Glastonbury all in those couple of weeks!

Edited by efcfanwirral

7 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I got my Foo Fighters and Green Day tickets for Manchester within a week or so of each gig in June without issue. Foos was about £25 less than face value on Twickets the night before and I got Green Day on a production release on See, which I was happy to pay for the front pit.

In total it was around £160 for two 2 and a half hour gigs, plus Wet Leg as one of the supports and both in the front section with great view and sound, so not bad really.

Interesting on The Killers, there were loads for a couple of the Manchester dates, but I couldn't justify it with the above mentioned ones and Glastonbury all in those couple of weeks!

Only Killers show I spotted a lot of Twickets ones going at face or lower for the London dates was the one that clashed with the Euros semi-final. Something that ironically meant missing out on that big moment where they showed the game then celebrated England winning with Mr Brightside.

Foos and Green Day both being stadium dates makes sense to me that because my experience is Twickets has more available for stadium shows, there were enough there for Foos. I paid face for their Cardiff show though was going with friends after a SeeTickets production release. Even if the 2 hour traffic jam on the way there was a f**king miserable experience.

20 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Watching now. Not a fan of miming.Its not every line/ song but its clear to all.

dancing and whole show good though. 

Really? She’s singing live about 90% of the time.. the backing tracks are really minimally used. 

31 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Really? She’s singing live about 90% of the time.. the backing tracks are really minimally used. 

And I think if there were no backing tracks, it wouldn't sound anything like the recorded songs, as with a lot of pop music. Then people would be saying the vocals are weak...

On 7/21/2024 at 7:30 PM, Pipine said:

Maybe it was just the bit I saw. I'll give it another go! I do think it was a greta show either way. 😀

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

fantastic 🙂 presumably from inside the barrier ? do you get time limits or can you stay there entire set ?

Usually give us first 3 songs but dua lipa team wouldn’t allow anyone at the front to take pictures so we (including Getty) were all in the crowd.