When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Not sure what that means. Just that you can turn it on and off? So, we'll get a bit of fun back at christmas before everything closes down again?

Are we sure that this is the best option? For 1 year the best course of action might be small Christmas gatherings. Plenty of people inside in the winter with possibly older family members is ideal for the virus to spread. I know it would be tough but maybe we need to have a bit of a different style of Christmas this year and that messaging should start now from the Government to prepare us for it; you know actually show leadership.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Are we sure that this is the best option? For 1 year the best course of action might be small Christmas gatherings. Plenty of people inside in the winter with possibly older family members is ideal for the virus to spread. I know it would be tough but maybe we need to have a bit of a different style of Christmas this year and that messaging should start now from the Government to prepare us for it; you know actually show leadership.

yeah, well personally I agree...but I reckon plenty of people wouldn't. Maybe people will need a bit of a break after a grim year...plus, schools are off...

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

One member of my American family, a proper “lock her up”, “build that wall”, “four more years” type has just told me

they voted for Joe Biden.

wow. Did they say why?

I think the Trump's whole covid thing the last week has been so surreal he may have put a lot of people off...

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, well personally I agree...but I reckon plenty of people wouldn't. Maybe people will need a bit of a break after a grim year...plus, schools are off...

This is what I mean though, it's not a popular message at all. So we need leadership to get us ready for that. If we had a PM that knew how to lead then he would be standing up in front of us every few days saying it's likely Christmas will have to be different and importantly explain WHY we are doing this and WHY it is so important that we do. Then people will be aware and be able to come to terms with it. If they got in front of this now and outlined everything then people might be more accepting of it. I have faith that more people would be accepting if it was explained to them well ahead of time.

I know it's wishful thinking and we won't get that but I feel it's what should be happening.

Edited by Ozanne

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

wow. Did they say why?

I think the Trump's whole covid thing the last week has been so surreal he may have put a lot of people off...

3 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

So can we take it you have evolved your position re the outcome of the election?

I’m in total and utter shock lol. 

I asked for some reasons.

They said that they hate Biden and they hate the democrats but Trump isn’t what he was when he was campaigning. They liked when he was a confident outsider businessman that really shook up the political sphere, and they voted for trump not thinking he was going to win. I think they liked the idea of trump more than his actual delivery.

They also think he’s gone from this incredibly strong force to someone a bit weak who speaks to his base like they are stupid.

25 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Anyone checked out the govts job advisor?

https://beta.nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/

It's laughable, suggesting dead jobs such as actor.

The ones I particularly liked for me was yoga instructor, and architect.

Apparently I could be a cleaner, a yardman, an actor, a facilities manager and a mountain rescue person. Which isn't a job, it's voluntary. I think it gave me about 40 other options. So that's helped

27 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Bristol and BANES apparently going to be in the tier 3 places with highest restrictions.

Kick in the stomach that.

Just over the 50 per 100,000 threshold and getting grouped in the places repping 500+ cases sucks donkey d**k.

Source?

26 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Seems now we’re getting a firewall* instead of a circuit breaker

* Any of you have any idea WTF a firewall means? 

D35D967E-5C10-4996-B5B5-8037CA0171B3.png

I don't think people are going to carry on not seeing family and friends until March. They just won't. 

13 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Tell people not to go round their mum’s for Christmas lunch and they’ll just do it anyway 

Sorry, you did say that 😆 i jumped the gun before reading properly!

Just now, JoeyT said:

Bristol and BANES apparently going to be in the tier 3 places with highest restrictions.

Kick in the stomach that.

Just over the 50 per 100,000 threshold and getting grouped in the places repping 500+ cases sucks donkey d**k.

Had to google BANES, it's another "central belt" moment for me, I'm clearly crap at alternative geography.

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

I don't think people are going to carry on not seeing family and friends until March. They just won't. 

Sorry, you did say that 😆 i jumped the gun before reading properly!

whilst im not going to stop im going to be minimising contact as much as I  can .... and trying to alter the circumstances of where I see people ... for me transmitting the virus is almost as much of a concern as having it 

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m in total and utter shock lol. 

I asked for some reasons.

They said that they hate Biden and they hate the democrats but Trump isn’t what he was when he was campaigning. They liked when he was a confident outsider businessman that really shook up the political sphere, and they voted for trump not thinking he was going to win. I think they liked the idea of trump more than his actual delivery.

They also think he’s gone from this incredibly strong force to someone a bit weak who speaks to his base like they are stupid.

That's interesting, thanks. I'm still in the camp of not writing him off until he's bounced out of the White House all the way back to his big gold skyscraper! Or better yet, a prison cell.