When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

One member of my American family, a proper “lock her up”, “build that wall”, “four more years” type has just told me

they voted for Joe Biden.

that pint on the farm is gonna be lovely .... just the tickets and the festival needed now :) 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

close .... Bath and North East Somerset ..... now I embarrass myself when im wrong 

That was just a wild guess. 

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’ve never heard of BANES but I know what Bournemouth is nowhere near North East Sussex

It’s all just a southern mess once you go past Sheffield. I do know where Bristol is though 

Firewall now.  Great.  Got it.

What is it with this government and using bullshit phrases spawned by some marketing agency.  Silly fuckers aren't selling us ipads, soft drinks and lifestyles so why they insist on behaving like they are I just don't know.  Hands.  Knees.  Oopsidaysie.

Did they already give up on operation Money shot or whatever it was?  A big splurt for Britain, no doubt.  Blah blah blah, troops all be home by Christmas, old chap.  Usual bullshit way of pretending that anything useful is being done by people disconnected from the lives of people in this country.

Just now, Spindles said:

What is it with this government and using bullshit phrases spawned by some marketing agency.  Silly fuckers aren't selling us ipads, soft drinks and lifestyles so why they insist on behaving like they are I just don't know.  Hands.  Knees.  Oopsidaysie.

Did they already give up on operation Money shot or whatever it was?  A big splurt for Britain, no doubt.  Blah blah blah, troops all be home by Christmas, old chap.  Usual bullshit way of pretending that anything useful is being done by people disconnected from the lives of people in this country.

They'll do anything in their power to not actually have to lead the country. Throw a slogan or gimmick at the situation that'll do.

22 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

close .... Bath and North East Somerset ..... now I embarrass myself when im wrong 

Ah, the South Western Belt!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Apparently I could be a cleaner, a yardman, an actor, a facilities manager and a mountain rescue person. Which isn't a job, it's voluntary. I think it gave me about 40 other options. So that's helped

To be fair, it gave me three categories, sports, IT and management. I run a team of software developers, so I reckon it's not far off. Good job I don't have any intention of retraining!

33 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Well the bullshit phrases is the point. - They don't want to call it another lockdown, so they were gonna call it a circuit breaker, but they were so indecisive about actually implementing a circuit break, now everyone hates that term. 

A firewall is perfect for the government, a lockdown you can turn on and off for occasions like christmas. - That sounds like a dream, all the safety of a lockdown except the government doesn't have to give as much support as it's not a total lockdown and the people won't be angry cause they'll get to have christmas - It'll be a plain rice christmas for many because of the recession but british spirit and common sense will prevail

In reality whatever it's called will probably end up being a full lockdown once the government realize being in hospital by new years might not be a good way to start 2021 for most. 

25 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Daily Mail App :ph34r:

Anything above 50 cases per 100k will be in the top tier. 

20-50 middle tier.

20 and below lightest restrictions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-54460852

BBC have different numbers under 100 lightest restrictions, over 100 additional restrictions, unknown - monkeys released to the street with flick knifes

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8818613/Northerners-rage-dictator-Boris-Johnson-using-petri-dish-tough-curbs.html

Here is the daily mail article. Very confusingly it talks about the tier 1-3 system but then separately gives its own Red-Amber-Green rating with the criteria that @JoeyT mentioned. Thankfully, that doesn’t mean Bristol will be in tier 3 lockdown