guypjfreak

45 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Just won Lionel Richie tickets from a local resident ballot … 2 mins walk away … and a premium bonds win today … luck comes in 3s doesn’t it ? Hopefully some good news tomoro night 🙂 oh what a feeling 

2 out of 3 ain't bad

maybe you can sell the LR tickets, or at least give them away

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

not my usual cup of tea but he was one of the best legends I've seen on the farm 🙂 quite partial to some cheese at times 

It was a tremendous legend. Interestingly a few years later, going on that performance, we went to see him do a stadium gig in Scotland but weren’t  too impressed by it. Just goes to show how important the Glastonbury effect is!  (And the fact that I can drink at Glastonbury whereas the other gig meant no alcohol as I was driving. )

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

It was a tremendous legend. Interestingly a few years later, going on that performance, we went to see him do a stadium gig in Scotland but weren’t  too impressed by it. Just goes to show how important the Glastonbury effect is!  (And the fact that I can drink at Glastonbury whereas the other gig meant no alcohol as I was driving. )

Not sure I’d have paid for it … but can’t grumble at a freebie and being within staggering distance will definatly help 

Ist time in pub with me bro... In two years. 

Talked of many things....... Fucking Init like that.. 

But at least we agreed to snort the old man's ashes... With a little kicker lol

Edited by guypjfreak

New plastic mermaids t shirts are out.. 

Now if you haven't heard of these have a gander

This could also go in the new music thread or the who you looking forward to

I saw this band last Thursday and there brilliant 

Happy days

On 10/31/2022 at 8:39 PM, deebeedoobee said:

Good news...The Crown in Pilton is opening on Friday. Its been closed for a year for a refurbishment.  Its had a major rebuild in a good way. Just been to a private opening and it is beautiful.  If anyone has ever been in there before...you will not recognise the place.  It is awesome.  No photos as I'm gonna wait for the public opening, but will show some on here on Friday if anyone is interested.  There are some on their website. Oh and the food is top banana!!! We love our new pub.

Just been in on way bsck from Devon visiting Mother. 

Wow....what a job they've done! Amazing decor throughout...lots of work by local artists it seems...Mrs P smitten by a Virgin Mary in the ladies and all the porcelain figures in dining room 😂

Mentioned you to the landlord and he knew you and Digger instantly 😊

We'll be back soon....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Just been in on way bsck from Devon visiting Mother. 

Wow....what a job they've done! Amazing decor throughout...lots of work by local artists it seems...Mrs P smitten by a Virgin Mary in the ladies and all the porcelain figures in dining room 😂

Mentioned you to the landlord and he knew you and Digger instantly 😊

We'll be back soon....

Did you have a meal? If so did you have to book? Thinking of visiting soon. 😊

5 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Mrs P smitten by a Virgin Mary in the ladies 

When i was small, my Irish Grannie sent me a glow in the dark virgin Mary statue made of the finest radioactive plastic Irish Punts could buy. Scary as feck to a nipper when you wake up at night with a glowing figure seemingly hovering at the end of the bed. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pilton digger said:

When i was small, my Irish Grannie sent me a glow in the dark virgin Mary statue made of the finest radioactive plastic Irish Punts could buy. Scary as feck to a nipper when you wake up at night with a glowing figure seemingly hovering at the end of the bed. 

Knowing many an Irish Granny that will have been the point 😄 When I stopped going to church and stayed with my Gran I used to wake up with wet hair and wondered why. Turns out my Gran was throwing holy water over me to make me go back to church. Didn't work 😂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Did you have a meal? If so did you have to book? Thinking of visiting soon. 😊

Didn't eat but will be back soon to do so.  As @pilton diggersays booking is recommended....conversation with the landlord Owen(?) said that they were already full for lunch this Sunday coming.

All times on the Contact page below...note closed on Monday and food just Thursday - Sunday.

Also just noticed that all the artists are featured on a page on the News tab too....including Rowena Draper who I think Owen(?) said was his partner.

https://thecrownpilton.com/

18 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Didn't eat but will be back soon to do so.  As @pilton diggersays booking is recommended....conversation with the landlord Owen(?) said that they were already full for lunch this Sunday coming.

i'm not surprised when an alternative might be that dreadful pub (i forget its name) in cannard's grave.

13 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Ah that's probably The Well Inn just along the road....never been brave enough to go in there, although it has been refurbished recently.

whichever it was was bloody horrid,

a mate from shepton took me in there.