guypjfreak

2 hours ago, Quark said:

That's lovely Guy.

Although I can't help thinking that some adult sized versions of that might be useful for about 2am stumbling around the farm... 😂

That old son is genius lol.. 

Thank you old sons all of ya 

Edited by guypjfreak

I've decided to get my old bass guitar down from the loft and learn bass again, decided I needed something to A) make me think B) give me a few hours away from a screen and C) confidence when when I learn a particular bassline. Starting off with easy lines such as Seven Nation Army and working my way up to things such as Mexicola. 

5 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I've decided to get my old bass guitar down from the loft and learn bass again, decided I needed something to A) make me think B) give me a few hours away from a screen and C) confidence when when I learn a particular bassline. Starting off with easy lines such as Seven Nation Army and working my way up to things such as Mexicola. 

Your fans await on the next online meet 🙂 

30 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Nice. Determined to get back to learning my geetarr this year; as you say it's good to have things that take you away from a default setting like tv or your phone.  Mrs Q's invested in a couple of colouring books, and I've got back into doing the crossword and sudoku in the back of the Big Issue. We've also picked up some board games over Christmas. It's just good to have something you're actively participating in, as telly is very passive.

It's why I also like the retro gaming thing. Yes it's still on a screen, but it's not just sitting there and letting it happen to you.

5 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

We've finally found Bob Monkhouses lost joke book

Excellent work!

Hello dingbat2,

I like the 'we' bit. It's me that found it! 

As an aside, I only came across (stop it!) that joke earlier yesterday. I'm not into 'jokes' really, but admired that one, so eventually posted it here. Of course, had I known that it would result in my mockery, I'd have posted it much sooner yesterday. You know the way it is with being brought up a Roman Catholic and the desire to self flagellate by any means possible!? Or, perhaps you don't. Don't ask me. Anyway, must dash and do some squat thrusts because this cilice is feeling far too comfortable.

Todays good news Ive been in hospital had a general aneasthetic and a procedure (wont disclose the details too much information and would make you squirm) Now back at home with 5 days of tv to look forward too!!! I feel as high kite and Im sure I went to Glastonbury for a few hours this morning!!! 
Nurses and consultant were amazing so kind considerate informative and keeping spirits up!! 
All we have to do is stay at home and wear a mask very little compared to what they are dealing with daily!! 
Thank you NHS!!! 🌈

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Todays good news Ive been in hospital had a general aneasthetic and a procedure (wont disclose the details too much information and would make you squirm) Now back at home with 5 days of tv to look forward too!!! I feel as high kite and Im sure I went to Glastonbury for a few hours this morning!!! 
Nurses and consultant were amazing so kind considerate informative and keeping spirits up!! 
All we have to do is stay at home and wear a mask very little compared to what they are dealing with daily!! 
Thank you NHS!!! 🌈

fantastic news .... and a decent amount of recovery time before June ... fingers crossed x

34 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Thank you NHS!!! 🌈

Glad it all went well, best wishes for the convalescence.

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

fantastic news .... and a decent amount of recovery time before June ... fingers crossed x

This was first step big op will be who knows when! Treatment leading up to it finishes end of june then big op!! Conversation with cosultant we can delay a week and work round Glastonbury!!! 
Honestly amazing staff!! It comes under non lifethreatening so could be waiting months!!! But wud rather do tht knowing other people are being treated as pririority!! Pain is managable not matter who shit it can be!! Killer illness’s need to be priority!!! 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Thank you NHS!!! 🌈

All the best! We really have a wonderful health service and you really appreciate it when you experience it first hand. 

21 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

@Ayrshire Chris did you get to see the Northern Lights the other day? Are you anywhere near Inverness snd a place called Broara!! I was lucky enough to visit tht area 3 years ago some of the most beutiful landscapes i have ever experienced!!

thank you for well wishes! 👍🏻

No, we are usually too far south to see them though they have been visible on rare occasions. If I saw strange lights in the night sky I would probably be more worried about something happening at the nuclear sub base just up the coast 😁

4 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Thank you NHS!!! 🌈

Cool cool all the best.. If you haven't watched it yet watch 2 weeks to live.. Great stuff.. Ooo and the film.. The Gentleman.. Ammmmmmazing.. Well soon. G

9 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Snow is crazy today. Avoid the Pennines!

Leeds has been obliterated by the snow

94824205-9A52-4775-8CE4-145F38ACB8F3.thumb.jpeg.48c70d559e52e3bb1135f501e3615ce1.jpeg

Roads are almost impassable unless you’ve got 4wd

6F661F16-D7EB-4567-9289-D19809594E26.thumb.jpeg.a75088edd520b6413d2bedc31fa9f1fe.jpeg

But the Asda deliveries are still going through with a bit of help

F4FBE96E-C846-4AB1-9D2B-F2E4AC665CDE.thumb.jpeg.c99d95c298821230b9dc771ed09d9d46.jpeg

ive had to dig the odd asda lorry out over the years