guypjfreak

6 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Morning everyone... Here's wishing you all a very lovely weekend.. If your affected by the floods my heart goes out to you.. 

Peace and tea 

G

We've been affected by the floods when the River Severn burst it's banks near us yesterday. Fortunately our main house hasn't taken a hit, but our Airbnb cabin that we rent out in non covid times is now semi floating in the garden. It's a very large structure, but is made of wood - hence the floating. Our garden is now a lake. Normally you can just walk down the garden and in through the cabin doors. now the water at the cabin doors is chest height! Ho hum!

23 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

We've been affected by the floods when the River Severn burst it's banks near us yesterday. Fortunately our main house hasn't taken a hit, but our Airbnb cabin that we rent out in non covid times is now semi floating in the garden. It's a very large structure, but is made of wood - hence the floating. Our garden is now a lake. Normally you can just walk down the garden and in through the cabin doors. now the water at the cabin doors is chest height! Ho hum!

Man alive... hope this subsides quickly for you..

we are towards the east and had a 20 minute blizzard today that left us with a temporary christmas scene.. (I thought the snow was due tomorrow??)

39 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

Man alive... hope this subsides quickly for you..

we are towards the east and had a 20 minute blizzard today that left us with a temporary christmas scene.. (I thought the snow was due tomorrow??)

That's appreciated BlueDaze, thank you. I've no idea when our new lake will disappear and the cabin settle back down to earth again. It's happened before - most noticeably last February when the cabin was afloat for 3 weeks. That caused stress cracks to appear in it's structure. This new floating isn't going to help that scenario. The thing is that I'd have factored in the potential flooding into the cabin's initial build had I known about it. However, we were told by two people that our garden doesn't flood before we bought the house. One was the seller of the house, so I can understand him saying it, but our 'new' neighbour said the same thing - even though he knew it was untrue!

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hope it goes down and drys out soon old son 

So great night with lady Ruby.. She did cooking with gran today so we have bickies lol 

• Like 1

My brother and kids have fully recovered from covid and are back at work /school tomoro ... he’s been dealing with covid patients as a stand in ambulance driver for the fire service ... but looks like one of his kids got it from the day they were sent back and transmitted it onwards before the schools closed again ... but anyway he’s fine 😀

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

My brother and kids have fully recovered from covid and are back at work /school tomoro ... he’s been dealing with covid patients as a stand in ambulance driver for the fire service ... but looks like one of his kids got it from the day they were sent back and transmitted it onwards before the schools closed again ... but anyway he’s fine 😀

FFS that one day in school!

Great news though mate about your family. I hope you are feeling a bit better. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Great news! And we had snow this morning!! Is it start of two week holiday now?? Hopefully if weather stays nice grab a few walks on the Quantocks!! 

1 minute ago, funkychick2007 said:

Great news! And we had snow this morning!! Is it start of two week holiday now?? Hopefully if weather stays nice grab a few walks on the Quantocks!! 

nothing here ... seems to be on the hills either side though ... will keep to walking from my flat for now though 🙂 quantocks are lovely though 🙂