guypjfreak

18 minutes ago, incident said:

It seems like there's more than one route and a bit messy (or to phrase it more fairly, not nationally coordinated) - I'd suggest check the web sites & social media of your local CCGs and NHS Trusts to see if they're recruiting directly.

I've registered with the App but the only thing that's come up has been lots of shifts in the next county over, nothing from any of my local trusts or CCGs.

After a bit of searching I found a different page advertised by the local CCG - so registered with them last Thursday and am waiting to hear back.

Yeah, I'm registered with the app and my local NHS trust but still not been offered anything. Hoping that might be a good sign that they have plenty of volunteers but equally I'm bored and would quite like something to do!

2 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Yeah, I'm registered with the app and my local NHS trust but still not been offered anything. Hoping that might be a good sign that they have plenty of volunteers but equally I'm bored and would quite like something to do!

I had a call today but applied on a local basis and not through the app ... cant remember how I did it though !! 

7 hours ago, Ozanne said:

As a phone nerd I’m curious to know what it’s like? The camera bit looks bit weird in pictures but what is it like in person?

It’s no iPhone though 😉

It juts out a bit but doesn't affect the overall feel. The screen is amazing and it's processor means it works extremely fast, it kind of feels like it's doing stuff before you asked it to. I'm yet to really play with the camera, but can confirm the 40MP selfie cam will make you hate your face (I can see the pores in my pores).

My Husband is an iPhone man. I still love him but I'm getting sick of listening to him whinge about how it never works properly 😜

2 hours ago, Big durbs said:

not quite good news , but made me smile so thought i would share the love !

141289937_4189317264431267_1610785186241692927_n.png

Apparently the ex James Bond, Pierce Brosnan has Irish relatives. Hardly surprising with that surname. Anyway, one of his relatives in Ireland is known in his village / town ( I know not which) as 006.5 (as in double O six an a half). How's that for a fucking insult! 

Letal. letal, I tell ya.

3 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

(I can see the pores in my pores).

That's cosmic. 

6 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

My Husband is an iPhone man. I still love him but I'm getting sick of listening to him whinge about how it never works properly 😜

It's an iPhone that I've got too. Please pass onto your husband my mobile phone condolences. All I did was, all I did was........ sorry, I just can't go through it all again. Why wont life let me have a big button mobile phone that can make calls and texts only? I know 'they' are out there. On the market, so to speak. However, I'm not 'allowed' to buy one. Why not? Because my wife said that she 'just wouldn't have it'. Make of that what you will.  

1 hour ago, Bryanrebe said:

It juts out a bit but doesn't affect the overall feel. The screen is amazing and it's processor means it works extremely fast, it kind of feels like it's doing stuff before you asked it to. I'm yet to really play with the camera, but can confirm the 40MP selfie cam will make you hate your face (I can see the pores in my pores).

Your husband is a very wise man.

I hope you enjoy the features that Apple will improved upon in a years time 😜

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That's cosmic. 

It's an iPhone that I've got too. Please pass onto your husband my mobile phone condolences. All I did was, all I did was........ sorry, I just can't go through it all again. Why wont life let me have a big button mobile phone that can make calls and texts only? I know 'they' are out there. On the market, so to speak. However, I'm not 'allowed' to buy one. Why not? Because my wife said that she 'just wouldn't have it'. Make of that what you will.  

Buy a burner phone and use it when she's not around to judge. If she gets mad and tries to flush it down the toilet it'll still work. Those things are indestructible. 

Got my letter this morning, vaccination booked for 11th Feb, 8 in the evening at a local sports centre. So good news for me.  Mrs c is a home carer and this morning found one of her elderly clients who has cerebral palsy  in tears. She’d been watching the horrible news on tv.  Then a letter dropped through her door offering the jab.  Her tears then were tears of joy.   There is good news out there, hope shines brightest in the dark 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Got my letter this morning, vaccination booked for 11th Feb, 8 in the evening at a local sports centre. So good news for me.  Mrs c is a home carer and this morning found one of her elderly clients who has cerebral palsy  in tears. She’d been watching the horrible news on tv.  Then a letter dropped through her door offering the jab.  Her tears then were tears of joy.   There is good news out there, hope shines brightest in the dark 

wonderful news AC 🙂 

8 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Had my letter today.  Appointment for a jab this Saturday at a local leisure centre.  There's not much joy in being an old fart but being a bit higher up the vaccination list has to be some sort of consolation.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

Had my letter today.  Appointment for a jab this Saturday at a local leisure centre.  There's not much joy in being an old fart but being a bit higher up the vaccination list has to be some sort of consolation.

That’s quite a short time between letter and appointment. I understand there’s more vaccinators than vaccine at the moment in our area. 

Got older relatives booked into a NI vaccination centre within the next week. Booking only went live tonight but after 2 hours of codes not working,site freezing etc got there in the end. Never been successful for Glastonbury but maybe the website experience served me well 😉

Just booked a weekend away with three of my good girlfriends to a one day festival. I'm so looking forward to sitting in the sun, listening to some chill tunes, and drinking wine. There's also a bunch of art installations so I'm hoping I'll get a mini Glastonbury experience.

Screenshot_20210128-213209_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

Just booked a weekend away with three of my good girlfriends to a one day festival. I'm so looking forward to sitting in the sun, listening to some chill tunes, and drinking wine. There's also a bunch of art installations so I'm hoping I'll get a mini Glastonbury experience.

Screenshot_20210128-213209_Chrome.jpg

I was thinking of going to a small, early in the year, one. But the earliest I can find, in the U.K, is May. That gives them time to cancel. In which case I might lose all my money. 

5 minutes ago, stt11 said:

I was thinking of going to a small, early in the year, one. But the earliest I can find, in the U.K, is May. That gives them time to cancel. In which case I might lose all my money. 

I don't think I'd risk it until closer to the time. Is it likely to sell out? I was feeling iffy about this one and it's only three weeks away!

2 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

I don't think I'd risk it until closer to the time. Is it likely to sell out? I was feeling iffy about this one and it's only three weeks away!

Three weeks sounds like a decent amount of time. There are early birds tickets, but I haven’t risked any. The money you would save, you would pay it as insurance to get your money back.

So I don’t see the point bargain hunting during a Covid pandemic. I definitely want to go on holiday, somewhere, at some time, though.🙂

1 hour ago, Charm said:

My Nan was vaccinated yesterday, she’s 92, we both had a little cry, can’t wait to give her a big hug. 
Charm x

That’s great news, must be a big relief for you all!