U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Yeah I know what you’re saying. I just think that the fact he’s already in the job makes him still their best option. He has a few opportunities coming up to prove that he’s still on the ball but I agree if it gets worse he will have no choice but to step aside as the clamour for him to do so will become too much.

I think it already has...if big donors to the party want him gone, he will go.

I think a few weeks ago he was seen as the best option, but that debate changed everything.

Whatever they do there is a risk, but if they stick with him they're going to have to keep him out of the limelight as much as poss...just stick him in a load of ads where he looks totally on it.

15 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think it already has...if big donors to the party want him gone, he will go.

I think a few weeks ago he was seen as the best option, but that debate changed everything.

Whatever they do there is a risk, but if they stick with him they're going to have to keep him out of the limelight as much as poss...just stick him in a load of ads where he looks totally on it.

Keeping him out of the limelight isn't an option now unfortunately as if they do that they will be accused of hiding him away. He is the only one that can put this to bed by getting his act together but that's easier said than done as everybody is scrutinising everything he does now more than ever. I think one way or the other it's going to be decided within the next week or two but I just feel that a change will result in total defeat. 

7 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Keeping him out of the limelight isn't an option now unfortunately as if they do that they will be accused of hiding him away. He is the only one that can put this to bed by getting his act together but that's easier said than done as everybody is scrutinising everything he does now more than ever. I think one way or the other it's going to be decided within the next week or two but I just feel that a change will result in total defeat. 

who do you think is best option to replace him?

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

who do you think is best option to replace him?

In all honesty I think they would be better coming together and trying to steady the ship although I also think the time for that is now past. If he does step aside then for me the best option and the one that would probably cause the least fallout would be Harris. She would no doubt appeal more to younger/female voters as well... 

16 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

In all honesty I think they would be better coming together and trying to steady the ship although I also think the time for that is now past

Yes, think it has. The rest of the campaign will be waiting for his next gaffe, it would be a massive let off for Trump. Maybe if he did stay on then Harris could do more of the campaign stuff...but that just looks suss. Whole thing is a massive mess, and it is the fault of those around Biden.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

whatever happens think we're probably looking at an easy Trump win unless they can find some real dodgy dirt on him on Epstein's island quick smart.

Sadly it still wouldn't make any difference to Trump's supporters. That's why I'm kind of hoping they get through it. I honestly think the only person that has any realistic chance of beating trump is Biden. Another debate this month would have decided it one way or the other but the next one isn't until September and it needs to be done and dusted way before then. You're right, the whole thing is a sh*t show.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

This is what I'm getting at. With the margin of error the first debate hasn't really altered anything as far as the polls are concerned although the above doesn't take into account last night. I still feel they can give him a bit more time but how he goes about trying to fix things would remain to be seen.

7 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

This is what I'm getting at. With the margin of error the first debate hasn't really altered anything as far as the polls are concerned although the above doesn't take into account last night. I still feel they can give him a bit more time but how he goes about trying to fix things would remain to be seen.

it's just the risk that he will continue to screw up and look old and senile during the campaign...whereas someone else, a younger more with it candidate could potentially tear Trump apart in any tv debate (if Trump agrees to partake).

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

it's just the risk that he will continue to screw up and look old and senile during the campaign...whereas someone else, a younger more with it candidate could potentially tear Trump apart in any tv debate (if Trump agrees to partake).

Yeah agreed mate. I guess I’m just hoping he’s had a couple of bad nights and gets it together but it’s looking less likely as the days go on. They certainly can’t leave it long to sort out and it’s not going to go away by itself.

8 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Stuff like this must be why Biden thinks he can still win this thing, whether the Democrats are on the hype train or not. You'd think from some of the media coverage that every poll had him 30-40 points behind.

well Democrat top dogs are obviously worried...they must see data which shows that they're f**ked if they stick with Biden.

Just now, steviewevie said:

well Democrat top dogs are obviously worried...they must see data which shows that they're f**ked if they stick with Biden.

Well the fact a lot of Senators and Representatives are willing to go on TV saying that November could well be a lost cause already hardly portrays confidence. Similar with an article I saw yesterday claiming the Trump campaign now actively wants Biden to stay in the race, even if this is as much because they would have to start again with a new attack ad campaign after finalising the ones for the current opponent.

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Well the fact a lot of Senators and Representatives are willing to go on TV saying that November could well be a lost cause already hardly portrays confidence. Similar with an article I saw yesterday claiming the Trump campaign now actively wants Biden to stay in the race, even if this is as much because they would have to start again with a new attack ad campaign after finalising the ones for the current opponent.

Trump is no spring chicken, he could get ripped apart by someone more savvy instead of someone even further along the mortal coil. Bring on Kamala Harris.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Trump is no spring chicken, he could get ripped apart by someone more savvy instead of someone even further along the mortal coil. Bring on Kamala Harris.

Well yeah. Earlier this year I thought Nikki Haley was the Republican's better bet to beat Biden, and the fact that a recent poll said two thirds of American voters find Biden & Trump "embarrassing", to use the word used, hints there's a desire from a lot of voters for a younger President.

Kamala would certainly be able to hold her own in a debate with trump. One potential issue with her is that she’s strongly pro-choice and while that would win he lr a good share of women voters it might not go down so well in the Bible Belt.

3 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Kamala would certainly be able to hold her own in a debate with trump. One potential issue with her is that she’s strongly pro-choice and while that would win he lr a good share of women voters it might not go down so well in the Bible Belt.

yeah but surely the christian nutters are all going for Trump anyway...