U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Let the conspiracy theories begin...

although don't suppose someone in Republican party might jus stop to think that US maybe has a gun problem..?

I was reading one of the quotes from the FBI this morning and it said ‘it’s surprising the shooter was able to fire so many rounds’

I dont know, it’s almost like you could buy some sort of rifle that fired automatically…🙄

Just watching some of the coverage on Sky news (can't be dealing with BBC breakfast) and footage is mad...because of all the mikes you can hear what security/FBI are saying...and then they get Trump up and he says wait a minute..and then does his fist pump. I am not buying any conspiracy theories, but he knows what he's doing, and he's going to win in November (unless someone actually kills him!)

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Just watching some of the coverage on Sky news (can't be dealing with BBC breakfast) and footage is mad...because of all the mikes you can hear what security/FBI are saying...and then they get Trump up and he says wait a minute..and then does his fist pump. I am not buying any conspiracy theories, but he knows what he's doing, and he's going to win in November (unless someone actually kills him!)

He absolutely knows what he's doing. He's a reality TV star and knows exactly what his supporters want and what makes good publicity/television.

Just plays into tough guy Trump vs weak and frail Biden, and also the whole conspiracy thing of them trying to get him either through the courts and now that has failed by taking him out. But, at same time also could lead to more violence and unrest in a divided and increasingly angry country where a lot of people have a lot of guns.

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Just plays into tough guy Trump vs weak and frail Biden, and also the whole conspiracy thing of them trying to get him either through the courts and now that has failed by taking him out. But, at same time also could lead to more violence and unrest in a divided and increasingly angry country where a lot of people have a lot of guns.

Absolutely this, I hope it doesn't happen but it's not inconceivable that there could be a 'retaliation'...

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Just makes things more chaotic and unstable.

I was meaning in terms of votes … the ones already voting trump will clearly continue to do so but they are happy to vote in a rapist . Will the shooting encourage anyone to change to voting in a rapist ? Guess we will see in next few days. 

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I was meaning in terms of votes … the ones already voting trump will clearly continue to do so but they are happy to vote in a rapist . Will the shooting encourage anyone to change to voting in a rapist ? Guess we will see in next few days. 

This is yesterdays polling. It will be interesting to see what it reads when it gets updated tonight...

1768214820_13-7Poll.JPG.62d24e3bc41d732992ad68d364c5be39.JPG

Yeah well I guess there's some people who are not fully decided...and Americans love a loud tough guy 

Will the shooting encourage anyone to change to voting in a rapist ?

Well, it's likely to galvanise wavering republican voters to hold their nose and vote Trump. If you consider yourself under attack it's a fairly natural reaction to turn towards a "strong" man.

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Absolutely. Although I’m sure the margins are small, any Republican who was thinking of sitting this one out is now gonna be voting with all their heart as it’s now a real them vs. us war. 

Also scary to think that somebody on the right is definitely now thinking ‘they shot first, it’s open season’. Knew the months leading up to the election would get nuts, and honestly surprised something like this hasn’t happened sooner, but damn is it crazy to be seeing it happen in real time.