U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah well I guess there's some people who are not fully decided...and Americans love a loud tough guy 

The undecided I can’t figure … same in uk .. how do you get to this point in an election cycle and aren’t able to work out , who / what is for the best . Either for you individually if that’s your thing or for the population as a whole . 

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

Ramping up the gun control angle probably won't turn any trump supporters.

Yes, quite the opposite, I expect queues at gun shops right now where every Tom, d*ck and Harry are emptying the store of weapons and ammunition.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Just think how this is used in campaign going forward. Will Biden be more careful what he says about Trump from now on. And now there's all these clips of Trump's heroic fist pump to go along with those showing Biden looking and acting old and senile 

I've already seen the fist pump and flag picture turned into a 'This is the hero America needs' His supporters are going to lap it up.

4 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Absolutely. Although I’m sure the margins are small, any Republican who was thinking of sitting this one out is now gonna be voting with all their heart as it’s now a real them vs. us war. 

Also scary to think that somebody on the right is definitely now thinking ‘they shot first, it’s open season’. Knew the months leading up to the election would get nuts, and honestly surprised something like this hasn’t happened sooner, but damn is it crazy to be seeing it happen in real time. 

tbh it kind of puts to bed the idea it is just the right that are the nutters with guns.

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

The undecided I can’t figure … same in uk .. how do you get to this point in an election cycle and aren’t able to work out , who / what is for the best . Either for you individually if that’s your thing or for the population as a whole . 

There are a lot on the left who can't vote for Biden because of Gaza. There are many people of colour who would normally be Democrat supporters who feel let down by Biden and like Trump. There are socially liberal people Republicans who don't like Trump but are not sure whether to vote Democrat.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

tbh it kind of puts to bed the idea it is just the right that are the nutters with guns.

I’m not sure the political affiliations are determined yet on this … thought I saw the shooter was a paid up republican . Might have got that wrong as it was on Twitter . 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

There are a lot on the left who can't vote for Biden because of Gaza. There are many people of colour who would normally be Democrat supporters who feel let down by Biden and like Trump. There are socially liberal people Republicans who don't like Trump but are not sure whether to vote Democrat.

and there will be a load of people who don't follow politics closely but will see Biden hardly able to talk and Trump fist pumping with blood on his face like an action hero.

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’m not sure the political affiliations are determined yet on this … thought I saw the shooter was a paid up republican . Might have got that wrong as it was on Twitter . 

He was but it turns out he also donated to the left just after Biden won so his political affiliations are unclear at the moment. Twitter is going mental saying the republican registration thing is obviously a fake…

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Guy was a card carrying registered Republican. Not that that’s gonna mean anything to some people, but it really should put to bed that it was a Dem who did this. 

Just now, MilkyJoe said:

He was but it turns out he also donated to the left just after Biden won so his political affiliations are unclear at the moment. Twitter is going mental saying the republican registration thing is obviously a fake…

Basically a Republican who hates what a clown show MAGAs and Trump have turned his party in to and decided to try and do something about it.

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Basically a Republican who hates what a clown show MAGAs and Trump have turned his party in to and decided to try and do something about it.

Best case scenario.

Today on "Oh Lord, What Now?"

I really fail to see what anyone thinks they're hoping to achieve with things like this. Same with the person who tried to kill Slovakia's Prime Minister a few weeks ago.

It also doesn't help that the way we discuss things is just going to lend itself to a conspiracy snowball with people just creating their own narrative.

Also means the RNC this week is going to be intense... though I think that was guaranteed anyway.

Just now, charlierc said:

Today on "Oh Lord, What Now?"

I really fail to see what anyone thinks they're hoping to achieve with things like this. Same with the person who tried to kill Slovakia's Prime Minister a few weeks ago.

It also doesn't help that the way we discuss things is just going to lend itself to a conspiracy snowball with people just creating their own narrative.

Also means the RNC this week is going to be intense... though I think that was guaranteed anyway.

In a parallel universe that bullet was a few centimetres to the right and Trump is dead and there is massive unrest on the streets of USA but we wouldn't have to worry about a Trump presidency.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

In a parallel universe that bullet was a few centimetres to the right and Trump is dead and there is massive unrest on the streets of USA but we wouldn't have to worry about a Trump presidency.

Well, in that instance, we go from one problem to a different problem, and probably a bigger one.

25 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

What tRump says next will have a huge effect on the election and how peaceful it will be.

He could put this to bed with the right words (barring  a few nutters) but if he goes true to form then heaven help many in the USA.

He was pumping his fist in the air yelling ‘fight, fight, fight’ seconds after getting shot. His first ‘Truth’ post was pretty reasonable, but ain’t no way he’s not gonna stoke the fire and make things a whole lot worse. In his eyes, they shot first, and now it’s war.