U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

He was pumping his fist in the air yelling ‘fight, fight, fight’ seconds after getting shot. His first ‘Truth’ post was pretty reasonable, but ain’t no way he’s not gonna stoke the fire and make things a whole lot worse. In his eyes, they shot first, and now it’s war.

I don't think he'll stoke it, he wants to win the presidency, not start all out war.

(I hope)

44 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

What tRump says next will have a huge effect on the election and how peaceful it will be.

He could put this to bed with the right words (barring  a few nutters) but if he goes true to form then heaven help many in the USA.

Think it will be more about what Biden says over the next few days...been some incendiary language coming from him the last few weeks as he tries to look all tough and with it and to scare people about Trump.

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Just reading about the attempted assassination of Reagan in 81, the shooter's motive was he wanted to impress Jodie Foster who he had a crush on after watching Taxi Driver. Reagan very nearly died.

They were a different class of nutter back in those days.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

So problem for Democrats is it kills those attack lines...when in reality people probably should be scared of a Trump presidency.

Yep, Dems are in a real pickle here as they can no longer attack Trump like they were starting to ramp up recently.

Although who are we kidding at this point - if Trump wasn’t already gonna win, yesterday sealed the deal for him. The last few weeks have shown Biden to be increasingly weak, and now Trump has one of the hardest pictures ever showing him looking god-like.

They couldn’t put him behind bars. They couldn’t kill him. The whole thing writes itself. 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

20240714_140456.jpg

Doesn’t at all sound like something he wrote himself, except for all the words strangely capitalised for some reason, so he’s definitely getting pointers from his team on the best way to approach this given they’ll be fully aware if he plays this right then he’ll be walking in to the White House because of it, but let’s see if the man himself can keep this up at his future rallies and appearances. Got a feeling he won’t be able to help himself and will stir up some sh*t along the way, but it’s good that he’s taking this approach now, even if a lot of Republicans aren’t doing the same. 

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

Smart. Lets see how long he can keep it up.

Well, the RNC is this week and Trump is meant to be giving a big "I accept the nomination" speech on Thursday.

So I guess we'll see what happens then, although given some of the takes already appearing from Trump supporters, I suspect it will have less restraint.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Well, the RNC is this week and Trump is meant to be giving a big "I accept the nomination" speech on Thursday.

So I guess we'll see what happens then, although given some of the takes already appearing from Trump supporters, I suspect it will have less restraint.

Nah. Trump and those around him aren't stupid. They have the maga lot in the bag, they just need to convince everyone else that he is not the scary fascist that the Democrats keep making out, but is a proper serious statesman who they don't need to worry about and can safely vote for either him if swing voters or no one if Democrats. So I reckon it will be lots of stuff about how they can't stop him saving America and jokes about sleepy Joe and loads on immigration, but don't think it will be a call to arms or anything, that will be the sh*t he does in November if he loses. The last few weeks have changed the whole direction of this campaign and they are not going to want to blow this opportunity.

Edited by steviewevie

9 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

It will be interesting to see how Biden plays this going forward. Ramping up the gun control angle probably won't turn any trump supporters.

lots of rally people were asking how does a nutter get a gun?

9 hours ago, steviewevie said:

remember when people were talking about whether Biden should be replaced?

This is really interesting. Whilst we were all talking about the fact that this will invigorate Trump's campaign it may just have the same effect on Biden's fortunes in that he has the chance in the public eye now to show that he is still an effective leader?

3 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

This is really interesting. Whilst we were all talking about the fact that this will invigorate Trump's campaign it may just have the same effect on Biden's fortunes in that he has the chance in the public eye now to show that he is still an effective leader?

I think it's just been postponed...

3 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

image.jpeg.e0befb91ff67710d1bffc7d61a0e95bd.jpeg

Probably a little early to see if there's any real movement but yesterdays polling remains pretty much the same as before the shooting.

Still be a few days before the effect, if there is any, truly reveals itself one way or another tbf.