U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

24 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Republican party definitely Trump's party now 

Has been for ages tbf. Can tell a lot of the more ‘proper’ Republicans f**king hate it, but he’s a means to an end and a useful idiot for them so they all fall in line or risk being called a RINO and losing their seats. 

14 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Not long ago Trump was facing multiple court cases, now he's the Messiah.

Not the Messiah

He's a Very Naughty Boy

6 minutes ago, lost said:

David Lammy is going to have fun with that guy

Yeah. I hope Labour don't go out of their way to keep the special relation fallacy like Blair did with Bush. They need to look to Europe, at least until the populist far right takes over there too...

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yeah. I hope Labour don't go out of their way to keep the special relation fallacy like Blair did with Bush. They need to look to Europe, at least until the populist far right takes over there too...

Prepare to be disappointed

The headline in the i reads: "Starmer and Trump start building their new 'special relationship'".

Biden is going to lose. If Democrats want to stand any chance they may as well throw the one dice last time, a late Southgate substitution, not sure if that's Harris, just someone who can argue why the country should not vote for Trump and should stick with a Democrat president. A reset.

Edited by steviewevie

6 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Prepare to be disappointed

The headline in the i reads: "Starmer and Trump start building their new 'special relationship'".

yeah, well I'm sure many will be trying to plan for a Trump presidency and keep close ties, but Trump and this new VP are isolationist, he doesn't give a sh*t about uk/europe, he just gives a sh*t about what is good for US. America first. So they can try and keep him on board with Ukraine and Nato, but I think will fall on deaf ears.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Biden is going to lose. If Democrats want to stand any chance they may as well throw the one dice last time, a late Southgate substitution, not sure if that's Harris, just someone who can argue why the country should not vote for Trump and should stick with a Democrat president. A reset.

All the polls show only one Democrat can beat tRump and she says she is not interested. Michelle Obama.

3 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

All the polls show only one Democrat can beat tRump and she says she is not interested. Michelle Obama.

maybe...though I think Democrats need to win over men who are much more likely to vote for Trump at moment, but then I guess Michelle Obama could galvanise women to get out and vote.

19 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think it's a little late for a reset to be honest. It may well turn out that it gets forced anyway but I just cannot see anybody with the power to galvanise 30 odd million undecided voters in just 4 months from scratch.

National polling has trump 2.2% up on Biden at the moment. Will be interesting to see what they look like after the RNC with both parties campaigning again full time.

8 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

I think it's a little late for a reset to be honest. It may well turn out that it gets forced anyway but I just cannot see anybody with the power to galvanise 30 odd million undecided voters in just 4 months from scratch.

National polling has trump 2.2% up on Biden at the moment. Will be interesting to see what they look like after the RNC with both parties campaigning again full time.

surely there are still some moderate republicans or disillusioned Democrats who could be persuaded to get out and vote to stop this thing, they need someone that they can feel confident in...because Biden is not that person, he can hardly talk.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

they need to change the narrative. At the moment it is all either is geriatric Biden fit to stand for office for another 4 years against the hero Donald J Trump who through divine intervention is going to make America great again.

Yeah I was in a twitter* rabbit hole again this morning and the whole saved by god thing is grating. The guy can't even hold a bible the right way up.

*formally X

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

ironic to think the next US VP thinks UK is an isiamist country under Labour when many muslims here voted for Independents/Green because they think Labour are Islamophobic.

I think it was meant to be a joke - just a really badly thought out joke based on what 30p Lee said about London.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Honestly, I don’t think any Dem who has a small chance of actually winning against Trump is stupid enough to throw themselves in to this mess this late in the day. The likes of Newsom, Whitmer etc will wait until ‘28, with Trump out of the picture, to make their bid at the presidency and be able to do it right, not have to whip up excitement in four months, lose, and then be blamed for the loss and carry that albatross around their neck for four years. Not worth it - this is Biden’s battle now, for better or for worse. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Honestly, I don’t think any Dem who has a small chance of actually winning against Trump is stupid enough to throw themselves in to this mess this late in the day. The likes of Newsom, Whitmer etc will wait until ‘28, with Trump out of the picture, to make their bid at the presidency and be able to do it right, not have to whip up excitement in four months, lose, and then be blamed for the loss and carry that albatross around their neck for four years. Not worth it - this is Biden’s battle now, for better or for worse. 

Yeah you're probably right...just have to hope that it isn't a landslide that some fear and Democrats also lose both houses... because then it will be Trump unleashed.