U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, ian the worm said:

So if he loses to Harris is he gunna continue to say she is an illegitimate candidate and that he actually beat Biden coz Biden got zero votes and start suing etc. 

I’m super excited for this sh*t show now. 

He was going to complain it's all rigged if he didn't win anyway. He was threatening to do it in 2016 until he unexpectedly won - although he still complained that he lost the popular vote - and very much did it in 2020. Seems like it's just who he is.

Those calling for a civil war if Trump loses aren't helping, mind.

37 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

If Trump loses he was always gonna claim it was illegitimate either way. His team are already laying the same groundwork of ‘mail in ballots don’t count’ from 2020 and he’ll do the same playbook of everything the Dems do is corrupt. Such an insanely sore loser and I really hope he gets pummelled on election day. 

And this is all when they were pretty confident Trump was going to win. Imagine what it will be like if the polls suggest Harris is catching or even overtaking Trump.

27 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

It's all over!

(although electoral college and rust belt and racist mysoginist working class white men etc)

I hope trump has plenty of diapers.

12 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Say that in November. There’s a long race to run yet.

It's been going on since the last election finished in 2020. It's a bloody long race indeed.

As is the fact that the fight for the 2028 election will be starting in January.

25 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Say that in November. There’s a long race to run yet.

Well I didn’t think she’d do well at all a few days ago so even this smidgen of a lead is very nice to see, and out of the two of them Trump is the one most likely to make a complete tit of himself so even better.

Also, Biden has finally been sighted so the deathbed rumours can be put to bed, although already seeing Twitter idiots saying it’s a clone or stand-in or some other bollocks. 

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I always found Harris a bit bland but she seems to have some fire in her belly now. A definite upgrade on Biden.

I think vice  presidents rarely do much. You would imagine she was picked for being younger, browner & less male than Biden.

But I agree, now she has the chance she is pretty impressive.

The real test is yet to come, though. She is about to face the mother of all dirty, despicable dishonest campigns against her.

For the sake of the world, I hope she can prevail.

I've just rememberd that musolinni survived an assanation attempt , he got niked on the nose and then did rallies with a big bandage on his nose. Remind you of anyone?

If they don’t pick Mark Kelly, former astronaut, for VP then they’ve massively f**ked up. Guy would embarrass Vance in a debate and seems perfect in every way. Wife even survived getting shot point blank in the head so perfect guy for gun reform too. 

13 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

If they don’t pick Mark Kelly, former astronaut, for VP then they’ve massively f**ked up. Guy would embarrass Vance in a debate and seems perfect in every way. Wife even survived getting shot point blank in the head so perfect guy for gun reform too. 

Yeah I think it's going to be a toss up between Shapiro and Kelly to be honest. Both representing key states that they will most likely need.

6 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Yeah I think it's going to be a toss up between Shapiro and Kelly to be honest. Both representing key states that they will most likely need.

you know when they are likely to choose? Has Harris been officially confirmed as the presidential candidate yet?

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

you know when they are likely to choose? Has Harris been officially confirmed as the presidential candidate yet?

There is a vetting process on the VP picks that usually takes months by all accounts but I believe they are accelerating it no doubt hoping to have it wrapped up by the DNC.

Kamala isn't officially the presumptive nominee yet although she has enough support so it sounds like she's pretty much nailed in. I'm not 100% sure but I think they need to confirm their nominee before the 7th August so would expect it to become official within the next week or so. 

8 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

There is a vetting process on the VP picks that usually takes months by all accounts but I believe they are accelerating it no doubt hoping to have it wrapped up by the DNC.

Kamala isn't officially the presumptive nominee yet although she has enough support so it sounds like she's pretty much nailed in. I'm not 100% sure but I think they need to confirm their nominee before the 7th August so would expect it to become official within the next week or so. 

They will, if they have brains, make sure she is 100% the official candidate voted in so that tRump's thing of she is not legitimate will run and run.
The vetting is alredy pretty much done if the VP candidates are senators/governors etc so that will not be a problem.