U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Trump and Elon live interview tonight on Twitter. Bound to be an absolute shitshow. Two absolute dipshits who actually hate each other glazing each other for an hour or so, and all the while the live feed inevitably crashing constantly due to the traffic. 

They should get you to write their PR 👍

Seems the Trump/Musk thing was a total nothing and basically amounted to Trump waffling on about nonsense as usual whilst Musk just laughed and agreed. It also, obviously, crashed a lot.

Elon now offering to host Kamala, which of course she won’t because… why would she? But will obviously be spun as ‘she’s too much of a coward to face some real questions’ or some nonsense.

20 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Trump and Elon live interview tonight on Twitter. Bound to be an absolute shitshow. Two absolute dipshits who actually hate each other glazing each other for an hour or so, and all the while the live feed inevitably crashing constantly due to the traffic. 

So I take it that you weren't enthused in watching.

... admittedly I wouldn't have been and slept through it.

58 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I’ve listened to clips this morning and the most notable thing about it all is that Trump seems to be slurring his speech through the entire thing, but other than that it’s just his usual talking shite with Elon just letting him.

Funny how they keep doing these things and bigging them up as something that’s gonna move the needle and get more people on Trump’s side when all they’re doing is reinforcing that he’s totally washed.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

As the time slipped by there were lots of sad little posts by the muskrat saying that they'd have some audio soon and it would be available to download later. 

At the time there was far more kerfuffle about trump reposting tweets...which are a great target for folks to troll him and his nutty followers 👍

Edited by clarkete

Donald Trump Says He Will Flee to Venezuela if He Loses Election

During his interview with billionaire Republican donor Elon Musk, presidential candidate Donald Trump said they could "meet next time in Venezuela" if he loses November's election.

If something happens with this election, which would be a horror show, we'll meet the next time in Venezuela, because it'll be a far safer place to meet than our country," Trump said to Musk. "OK, so we'll go. You and I will go, and we'll have a meeting and dinner in Venezuela."

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-flee-venezuela-loses-election-elon-musk-interview-1938321

59 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Whoever’s running her socials/PR is doing an excellent job. No more fuddy duddy business talk - just going at him like a regular person would and getting the point across much better in doing so. 

Love that they were just posting clips of the conversation as it was happening to point out all the absurdities that were being said between the two. 

10 hours ago, steviewevie said:

These polls change so often and there are so many different ones that I really don’t know what to make of em, especially when they’re all so close. Still looking like it’s gonna be very tight. 

DNC this coming week so I’m sure Harris will go back up again during that. All to play for in the couple of months after. 

10 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

It’s one of the founders of Rasmussen who left and started his own polling thing. Rasmussen obviously got a big Republican bias but not sure if this guy continued that trend with his new venture.

Thanks.  Can you do this for all my daft questions please? 

7 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

These polls change so often and there are so many different ones that I really don’t know what to make of em, especially when they’re all so close. Still looking like it’s gonna be very tight. 

DNC this coming week so I’m sure Harris will go back up again during that. All to play for in the couple of months after. 

Well there's been so many disparate polls during this election cycle showing results one way or the other. Chances are that, like you say, it'll be a very tight ballot regardless given the average hints that at both national and state level, Harris & Trump aren't split by grand margins.

54 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Well there's been so many disparate polls during this election cycle showing results one way or the other. Chances are that, like you say, it'll be a very tight ballot regardless given the average hints that at both national and state level, Harris & Trump aren't split by grand margins.

Aye, I tend to mostly just glance at nate silver or five thirty eight as their models take a broad sample (although each slightly different as I believe he tweaked his after he left the latter)