U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, charlierc said:

Yeah but since when did Trump care about facts? I think it's well known by this point that he's clearly living in his own surrealist world where Kamala is somehow simultaneously a communist and a fascist and where he left America alone for 5 minutes and it burned down.

That's where the really interesting thing will be if she can get this in a direct and simple message in a debate and call it as BS. 

He surely can't grasp the details. 

34 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

AOC speaking later. She'll probably say f**k Palestine long live Zionism...or something like that.

She is one of the few US politicians to accuse Isreal of genocide.  In a speech from the floor of congress no less.

38 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yet she backed genocide joe

She supported Biden when there were calls for him to step down. She's since endorsed Harris. She's loyal to the Democrats but that doesn't mean she'll support their stance on everything. You've gone on a bit of a leap here. 

2 minutes ago, Spuddhism said:

She supported Biden when there were calls for him to step down. She's since endorsed Harris. She's loyal to the Democrats but that doesn't mean she'll support their stance on everything. You've gone on a bit of a leap here. 

just not sure how you can accuse Israel of genocide but at same time openly back Joe Biden.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

just not sure how you can accuse Israel of genocide but at same time openly back Joe Biden.

Who's she going to back instead? Loads of labour voters are against the genocide but will have voted Starmer to get the tories out. 

2 minutes ago, Spuddhism said:

Who's she going to back instead? Loads of labour voters are against the genocide but will have voted Starmer to get the tories out. 

she isn't just a voter. Did any Labour MP or shadow minister, especially one with such influence, actually call it genocide?

Just using that term is controversial.

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

she isn't just a voter. Did any Labour MP or shadow minister, especially one with such influence, actually call it genocide?

Just using that term is controversial.

It is, yes. 

3 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

She killed it. I don’t think she’ll ever ascend to the presidency due to her being too progressive, but she’s surely got big things in her future.

She's a good speaker, she has a MLK lilt and rhythm to her speeches.

Whilst the whole primary process in the USA can be a long circus, it does have the benefit of whittling out the poor communicators. Here in the UK the sometimes murky selection process and only usually speaking to small meetings means that a lot of candidates get to be MPs who are simply embarrassing at public speaking or sound like robots when reading auto-cues.

1 hour ago, Kurosagi said:

She's a good speaker, she has a MLK lilt and rhythm to her speeches.

Whilst the whole primary process in the USA can be a long circus, it does have the benefit of whittling out the poor communicators. Here in the UK the sometimes murky selection process and only usually speaking to small meetings means that a lot of candidates get to be MPs who are simply embarrassing at public speaking or sound like robots when reading auto-cues.

being a great communicator doesn't necessarily mean a great leader...(see Boris Johnson or ....Barack Obama 😬)

Biden only turned into a poor communicator relatively recently 🤣

Jury is still out on Starmer being a 'great' leader.

I think Attlee died before I was born and I'm not a young man. Can't say I've ever heard any of his speeches to judge.

6 minutes ago, Kurosagi said:

Biden only turned into a poor communicator relatively recently 🤣

Jury is still out on Starmer being a 'great' leader.

I think Attlee died before I was born and I'm not a young man. Can't say I've ever heard any of his speeches to judge.

Biden has always been pretty sh*t at speeches, he has that stammer so slurs..but yes he's got worse.

Attlee was well known for being a sh*t speaker and charisma free.

Starmer is obviously going to be the greatest leader in the entire history of mankind.

Hitler was a good speaker.

QED

..and actually it is kind of easy for a lefty (or righty) to make great speeches that get people excited...just be a bit of an extrovert, stick your fist in the air a few times, and come out with the usual cliches.

Tony Benn was great at it, saw him talk at Glastonbury and it was hard not to get emotional watching it. Obama also very good...and maybe I was unfair saying he wasn't a great president..he was just a bit disappointing after all the hope.