U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

24 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Kamala beat Trump so badly that some of these morons are now saying she wore an earpiece disguised as earrings and had the answers fed to her

hahaha, I've seen loads of these on the Twitter (formally know as X) this morning. They really will grasp at anything to prove they've been cheated when they're losing. The shocking* thing is that a massive amount of his supporters will believe it. 

*not shocking

In any sane & normal world, Trump's campaign would be as dead as the cats & dogs of Springfield.  

Politics in the USA does not appear to be a part of any sane & normal world, so who knows?

32 minutes ago, LJS said:

In any sane & normal world, Trump's campaign would be as dead as the cats & dogs of Springfield.  

Politics in the USA does not appear to be a part of any sane & normal world, so who knows?

I do wonder if any level of normalcy will be resorted to American politics once Trump (hopefully) loses and f**ks off/dies, or if he’s changed the game for good and this is just gonna be how it is now with Republicans just sending in their latest authoritarian wannabe as their candidates for a few cycles. 

Not that it was particularly normal in America before Trump, but he certainly broke any illusion of decorum and made people totally okay with vocalising their horribleness without fear of backlash.

29 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

I do wonder if any level of normalcy will be resorted to American politics once Trump (hopefully) loses and f**ks off/dies, or if he’s changed the game for good and this is just gonna be how it is now with Republicans just sending in their latest authoritarian wannabe as their candidates for a few cycles. 

Not that it was particularly normal in America before Trump, but he certainly broke any illusion of decorum and made people totally okay with vocalising their horribleness without fear of backlash.

If Trump loses.

I expect his style of politics...protectionist, anti immigrant, populist will stay after he's gone, because you see it everywhere now... next time it might be led by someone more intelligent, but not sure will be someone with a cult like following like Trump has.

Will be interesting to see what direction Republican party goes after he's gone.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

If Trump loses.

I expect his style of politics...protectionist, anti immigrant, populist will stay after he's gone, because you see it everywhere now... next time it might be led by someone more intelligent, but not sure will be someone with a cult like following like Trump has.

Will be interesting to see what direction Republican party goes after he's gone.

We'd have to wait and see what the landscape is like after the 2026 mid-terms as much as anything. It's a curio because I remember after the Republicans lost the 2012 Presidential election that they had an internal report where they felt they should look into trying to build a more diverse coalition of voters like the Dems had and instead ended up with Trump pitching a more extreme version of the same.

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Trump seemingly bailing out of a second debate because he thinks he won this one so no need for a rematch 😂 Guy is such a coward

To be honest it's probably a good thing for the dems too. Quit while you're ahead and everything. While I don't doubt Kamala's ability to debate him, he fell into every single trap she laid out last night and he may not take the bait so easily next time. I still think it's a good possibility though that another gets announced in the coming weeks.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Such a f**king ghoul this guy.

Also, it’s so so nice to see Trump land all freaking the f**k out saying the debate was rigged or trying to jump to the defence of the cats and dog stories etc - that’s how you know Trump truly sh*t the bed. I knew Kamala would technically come out on top, but really wasn’t expecting Trump to be that flustered, fall in to all her traps and basically give the media no choice other than to say ‘yeah he f**ked it’. He was rattled from the moment she walked up and shook his hand. 

43 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Such a f**king ghoul this guy.

Also, it’s so so nice to see Trump land all freaking the f**k out saying the debate was rigged or trying to jump to the defence of the cats and dog stories etc - that’s how you know Trump truly sh*t the bed. I knew Kamala would technically come out on top, but really wasn’t expecting Trump to be that flustered, fall in to all her traps and basically give the media no choice other than to say ‘yeah he f**ked it’. He was rattled from the moment she walked up and shook his hand. 

Going up to him and shaking his hand was just the start. It was actually pretty even until she mentioned his crowds then he seemed to change as she probably knew he would. He wasted far too much time defending himself and ranting when he should have been attacking Harris' weaknesses. He just can't help himself when it comes to being criticised.

I did see he made the effort to approach Kamala and shake her hand at the 9/11 memorial though. Seemed very out of character for him.