U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

I did see he made the effort to approach Kamala and shake her hand at the 9/11 memorial though. Seemed very out of character for him.

He tried to do the power move thing he did when he was president with other world leaders where he yanks them in towards him mid-shake but it didn’t work and Kamala didn’t budge. Funny that he was forced to be somewhat cordial with her the day after her trouncing him at the debate. I’m sure he wasn’t too happy about that. 

Edited by FloopFiller

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

We reckon this years gonna break the record for the most people to vote? Hard to tell outside of my Twitter bubble but does seem like an incredibly consequential election that’s got people riled up. Proper final showdown type stuff where the winner could guide politics for the next decade or so. 

Over 155 million people voted in the last election, which isn't a surprise that it's a record given each of Biden and Trump's 2020 campaigns individually got more votes than other in US history, while a 67% turnout made it the highest turnout in decades. So clearly last time, it proved to be quite the huge deal indeed, which is even more something given it happened during the height of that pandemic.

It depends how much momentum both sides can bring along tbf.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

They seem to be saying 337,000-400,000 depending where you look...but I think that's the total (including r their previous base level)

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/taylor-swift-voter-registration-harris-endorsement-b2612021.html

Edited by clarkete

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

So far I’ve seen:

Kamala had the questions

She had an ear piece disguised as earrings 

Kamala got a bunch of soft ball questions whereas Trump’s were all tough

The moderators teamed up on Trump so it was three on one

Trump had a bright light shining in his eyes to distract him and/or raise his heart rate

…but, despite all that, Trump actually won

Edited by FloopFiller

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

So far I’ve seen:

Kamala had the questions

She had an ear piece disguised as earrings 

Kamala got a bunch of soft ball questions whereas Trump’s were all tough

The moderators teamed up on Trump so it was three on one

Trump had a bright light shining in his eyes to distract him and/or raise his heart rate

…but, despite all that, Trump actually won

They sure are kicking up a lot of fuss and excuses for a side that won...

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

The October surprise will be a pregnancy.

A number of senior Republican politicians have also publicly criticised Ms Loomer and cautioned against Trump bringing her into his inner circle.

"Laura Loomer is a crazy conspiracy theorist who regularly utters disgusting garbage intended to divide...," North Carolina Senator Thom Tillis wrote on X, formerly Twitter.

As opposed to Trump who, umm, never mind.