U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

14 minutes ago, LJS said:

Nate Silver continues to plough a lonely furrow..

Although tbf his likelihood of Trump winning has now come down.

I'm aware some progressives are at risk of getting carried away - not least another outing for the long-coveted prize in some left-leaning circles of Texas voting Democrat for the first time since Lyndon B Johnson - but I'm aware the debate has taken a bit of wind out of Team Pet Eaters' sails.

42 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Her life and time as First Lady have been so vapid and empty that she has to make up some controversy about her nude modelling, when the only people who would ever have a problem with something like that is conservatives. 

Is it a picture book?

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Her life and time as First Lady have been so vapid and empty that she has to make up some controversy about her nude modelling, when the only people who would ever have a problem with something like that is conservatives. 

You say this, there was an article the other day talking about the somewhat confused position conservatives in America seem to be as simultaneously being pro and against explicit and raunchy content. This was something that caught a lot of people's attention earlier in the year where some were claiming the film star Sydney Sweeney being good looking was somehow a cure for being woke, which... I'm not sure that's how that works.

Harris/Walz are very slowly inching ahead in the polls, starting to break out of the margin of error in some.

It's still alarming how many people are still in with Trump despite seemingly endless mistakes and unhinged rambling, but I think unless we get a big October surprise that helps him, he's probably about as high as he can get with his numbers now. I can't imagine any swing voter considering him a good choice, all things considered.

Despite his lies to the contrary, he'll know he's losing. When he's in a bad spot is when he always comes out with the most deranged nonsense. We may be about to see peak Trump. God help us all.

13 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Harris/Walz are very slowly inching ahead in the polls, starting to break out of the margin of error in some.

It's still alarming how many people are still in with Trump despite seemingly endless mistakes and unhinged rambling, but I think unless we get a big October surprise that helps him, he's probably about as high as he can get with his numbers now. I can't imagine any swing voter considering him a good choice, all things considered.

Despite his lies to the contrary, he'll know he's losing. When he's in a bad spot is when he always comes out with the most deranged nonsense. We may be about to see peak Trump. God help us all.

we'll see..electoral college and those few all important swing states etc.

Trump gets the Guns and God vote, and there's a lot of it over there.

19 minutes ago, kalifire said:

It is beyond baffling how things are so close when as a neutral you see the sh*t he comes out with. I read a post on twitter the other day from a MAGA saying if a potato was running against Kamala they would vote for the potato...

Unfortunately this is his base, they don't care what he comes out with or what his policies are, just the fact he is not a democrat is enough for them to vote for him against all else. For all the false patriotism and I love my country so much crap they clearly don't actually care about their country. I don't get it.🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

It is beyond baffling how things are so close when as a neutral you see the sh*t he comes out with. I read a post on twitter the other day from a MAGA saying if a potato was running against Kamala they would vote for the potato...

Unfortunately this is his base, they don't care what he comes out with or what his policies are, just the fact he is not a democrat is enough for them to vote for him against all else. For all the false patriotism and I love my country so much crap they clearly don't actually care about their country. I don't get it.🤷‍♂️

because things haven't been that great under Biden...inflation, cost of living, wars etc. Not all this is Biden's fault of course, but happened when he was in power and people want change...so we have an ex-president vs vice president..and which one represents change more. Trump can also point to his time in office and argue the economy was doing better and there was less war, and he's kind of right?

I’m not sure exactly how much baring down ticket races have on the main election but it would be very funny if this current scandal involving Mark Robinson ended up costing Trump North Carolina.

Think a lot of people are clenching for whatever the possible October surprise ends up being. Given how piss poor all their Harris/Walz attacks have been thus far I doubt they’ve got something huge in the chamber, but timing is everything with this kind of stuff so who knows. I can’t imagine there being anything that could realistically damage Trump at this point tbh.