U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

It was a good debate with a completely different feel. Vance is a good speaker whether he's telling the truth or not and it makes a welcome change from listening to trumps inchoherent rambling. Strong finish by Waltz flat out asking Vance if Trump lost the last election which understandably he couldn't answer.

It was actually good to see a some respect given to each other after the hate and vitriol that has become the norm these days. 

34 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

score draw?

Haven’t seen it all but seems to be the general consensus. Vance a more skilled debater but lied a fair bit, whereas Walz stumbled over himself a bit but generally more honest with his answers.

If anything it just seemed to show how boring these things are without a maniac on one side blurting out utter nonsense.

Edited by FloopFiller

41 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

score draw?

That's probably not far off. If I was to pick a winner I would say Vance possibly edged it by the slightest of whiskers but that is because he is a very polished speaker. I would imagine both parties will come away very happy though and I doubt it will move the needle from where it currently is. Waltz was talking very fast at the start and was clearly nervous in the early stages but settled into it as the night went on. He was clearly rattled when questioned on when he was in Hong Kong (he has stated that he was there at time of the Tiananmen Square protests but it turned out he wasn't) but he spoke well on abortion and healthcare issues and held his own on immigration and economy. To be honest it was a very civil debate for the most part. Vance came across well and I can see him running for the top job at some stage. Waltz just comes across as a genuine guy who cares.

Edited by MilkyJoe