Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

All this silly stuff that Trump does, the shocking weird stuff he says, the stunts...we all laugh at it, but it works. It makes the news, no one is listening to Harris because they're just gawping at Trump. The polls show it. Worked in 2016, working now.

It goes both ways really. A lot of people will see him doing an hour worth of ‘work’ at a closed McDonalds with the only customers being his hand picked fans as insulting, whereas I’m sure others will fall for it and think ‘he’s just like us!’.

Honestly, I don’t think it moves the needle at all. His fans love it, his detractors laugh at it, and undecideds go down the middle.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

A worryingly large portion of people are seemingly willing to overlook all of his shittiness, and in this case, his disdain for their race entirely, because he’s a man and Kamala is a woman and they don’t think a woman should be leading the country. 

17 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

A worryingly large portion of people are seemingly willing to overlook all of his shittiness, and in this case, his disdain for their race entirely, because he’s a man and Kamala is a woman and they don’t think a woman should be leading the country. 

I don't think it's so much a willingness to overlook it, just that they don't actually see it. Everything disagreeing with their candidate is either fake news or 'election interference'. 

40 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

I expect middle east conflict is the main factor with Arab Americans.