U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

15 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

How the f**k do you get tweets to show up!?

Stevie had to explain this to me too.

Paste the link > change the x.com to twitter.com > Cut the link and re-paste > change the rich text to plain text and it should work.

27 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

maybe some think there should be more democratic legitimacy to Harris standing, maybe some would prefer a different candidate. Difficult to see anyone other than Harris at moment though, and as you say need to get on with it.

I get that and it's a reasonable argument although it didn't seem to bother the tories when we needed to change PM's all those times. 

Whichever way they go about it, they just need to stop the public internal arguments and let Biden turn the focus back on Trump. 

It’s actually quite hilarious how little they seem to have on Kamala. She’s very much been in the background for Biden’s 4 years so hasn’t given them ammunition there, and her biggest downside seems to be that she was pretty tough on crime when she was a District Attorney, but Republicans whole thing is being tough on crime. So far, all they seem to have is that she’s a woman, of colour, and appears to laugh a lot…

Lots of stuff coming out about how Trump’s whole strategy has been to attack Biden specifically and now that he’s out, they’ve got f**k all. Apparently even JD Vance was chosen as VP because that were so sure they were gonna beat Biden that they didn’t even bother choosing a VP who could bring in undecided voters - they just went full MAGA loyalist instead thinking it wouldn’t matter. 

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

f**k sake, last one just seemed to sort itself out so I was hoping this one would too. 

I sorted that one out for you.🤣 I think the trick is once you've changed it to twitter.com, you then have to either copy it, delete the original and re-paste or cut it and re-paste. When I do it on ios it tells me that it has been pasted as rich text or something with an option to change to plain text. When I do that it automatically embeds it.

22 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

It’s actually quite hilarious how little they seem to have on Kamala. She’s very much been in the background for Biden’s 4 years so hasn’t given them ammunition there, and her biggest downside seems to be that she was pretty tough on crime when she was a District Attorney, but Republicans whole thing is being tough on crime. So far, all they seem to have is that she’s a woman, of colour, and appears to laugh a lot…

Lots of stuff coming out about how Trump’s whole strategy has been to attack Biden specifically and now that he’s out, they’ve got f**k all. Apparently even JD Vance was chosen as VP because that were so sure they were gonna beat Biden that they didn’t even bother choosing a VP who could bring in undecided voters - they just went full MAGA loyalist instead thinking it wouldn’t matter. 

Twitter* already awash with the old Birther arguments.

*formally X

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Questions will still be asked, how much did Whitehouse cover up about state of Biden? How much did Harris know? Should he not be president now if not up to it?

No reason given by Biden in his statement so could very easily say he’s in perfectly good health to continue for the next few months but feels he wouldn’t be up to a further four years. Interested to see what he says when he gives his in person statement in a few days. 

And more importantly, he has now decided to bow out, whereas Trump and his soup brain are still going for it.

Just now, MilkyJoe said:

Very funny how much he/they are shitting themselves right now. Spent all their time attacking Biden for his age, cognitive ability etc and now that’s all coming back on to Trump, and from a woman of colour, the ultimate embarrassment for him if he loses, and they’ve had no real platform to run on other than ‘Biden sleepy’ so have to start from scratch. You love to see it. 

3 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Very funny how much he/they are shitting themselves right now. Spent all their time attacking Biden for his age, cognitive ability etc and now that’s all coming back on to Trump, and from a woman of colour, the ultimate embarrassment for him if he loses, and they’ve had no real platform to run on other than ‘Biden sleepy’ so have to start from scratch. You love to see it. 

I still think Biden was sh*t on by his own party but that’s in the past now. I’m quite enjoying the fact republicans were all crying out for him to step down because he was unfit and now that he has they’re saying wait, he can’t do that.😂😂

3 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Republicans already coming up with excuses for him to not debate Kamala as well because they know his tactics of spouting utter shite that can’t be responded to won’t work on her. 

He’ll just keep interrupting and talk loudly over the top of her. I give him less than 24 hours before he says something personal and nasty about Harris. He won’t be able to help himself.

16 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

The thing is I don’t think the age in isolation is the issue. Biden showed his age more than Trump did.

Still backfiring on Trump. Biden may have been more apparent in the last few

months, but it doesn’t take away the fact that Trump routinely goes on tangents on utter nonsense which they’re now free to point out without the retort of ‘bit Sleepy Joe!’ coming back at them. They probably should’ve worked on something to campaign on other than literally just insulting the other guy.