U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So many with the same narrative that he isn’t fit to run the country can’t distinguish from the fact he has stepped down because he can’t commit to another 4 and a half years not that he isn’t fit to run the country for another 6 months. The GOP really is getting themselves in a bit of a tizz about all this.

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

I still think Biden was sh*t on by his own party but that’s in the past now. I’m quite enjoying the fact republicans were all crying out for him to step down because he was unfit and now that he has they’re saying wait, he can’t do that.😂😂

I think they should have seen this coming at least 12 months ago. Thank god they did the debates earlier than normal.

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think they should have seen this coming at least 12 months ago. Thank god they did the debates earlier than normal.

Did they give any reason as to why they did this? I do wonder if it was Dems giving Biden a chance to prove he still had it when faced with Trump before they officially swore him in as their candidate, and ultimately he didn’t. 

Just heard on BBC R4's 'The World At One', the next president of the USA will be a woman, but not Harris. It'll be Michelle Obama. That's according to an Asparamancer - someone who predicts the future by dropping asparagus onto a table. And you can't argue with scientific rigor.

8 minutes ago, Spuddhism said:

Just heard on BBC R4's 'The World At One', the next president of the USA will be a woman, but not Harris. It'll be Michelle Obama. That's according to an Asparamancer - someone who predicts the future by dropping asparagus onto a table. And you can't argue with scientific rigor.

they had that on The World At One?

good grief.

29 minutes ago, Spuddhism said:

bloody greens

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Still backfiring on Trump. Biden may have been more apparent in the last few

months, but it doesn’t take away the fact that Trump routinely goes on tangents on utter nonsense which they’re now free to point out without the retort of ‘bit Sleepy Joe!’ coming back at them. They probably should’ve worked on something to campaign on other than literally just insulting the other guy. 

To me that’s slightly different. Trumps nonsense just seems like Trump being trump. With Biden it definitely felt age was creeping up on him and we know that can only head in one direction .

13 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

To me that’s slightly different. Trumps nonsense just seems like Trump being trump. 

that's the trick - he has manufactured this persona that whatever he says  - no matter how crazy it is - no matter how  much it might suggest he is in some sort of mental decline, folk just shrug their shoulders  and say "Its just Trump"

Hidden in plain sight, you might call it.

20 minutes ago, LJS said:

that's the trick - he has manufactured this persona that whatever he says  - no matter how crazy it is - no matter how  much it might suggest he is in some sort of mental decline, folk just shrug their shoulders  and say "Its just Trump"

Hidden in plain sight, you might call it.

I don't know...he always drivels on about random mad sh*t from his warped little brain, and maybe it has got worse and who knows how he'll be going forward, but he almost looks like he could last another 4 years, Biden really doesn't.

And that moment when he got shot at and managed to compose himself and do his fist punch fight fight fight thing was kind of impressive.

3 hours ago, Spuddhism said:

This the same one who was on The Last Leg a few months ago?

42 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Really have no  idea why you are posting this. The poling was done a fortnight ago when Harris was a "what if" candidate whereas now she is an "almost certain" candidate and as far as I can tell, had kept a pretty low profile. until the past day or two. 

image.png.8a88bca917129c10d067f2d341358900.png

https://pollingreport.uk/articles/a-reminder-that-hypothetical-polls-are-a-bit-rubbish

3 minutes ago, LJS said:

Really have no  idea why you are posting this. The poling was done a fortnight ago when Harris was a "what if" candidate whereas now she is an "almost certain" candidate and as far as I can tell, had kept a pretty low profile. until the past day or two. 

image.png.8a88bca917129c10d067f2d341358900.png

https://pollingreport.uk/articles/a-reminder-that-hypothetical-polls-are-a-bit-rubbish

For the clicks

(and to show that it isn't in the bag like everyone seems to think)

Just now, steviewevie said:

For the clicks

(and to show that it isn't in the bag like everyone seems to think)

Who thinks its in the bag? I don't 

I do think Harris has a better chance of winning than Biden.  But I thought it was inconceivable before that Trump would get elected or that Britain would vote for Brexshit. So I am clearly no Asparamancer.

8 minutes ago, LJS said:

I do think Harris has a better chance of winning than Biden.  But I thought it was inconceivable before that Trump would get elected or that Britain would vote for Brexshit. So I am clearly no Asparamancer.

I'm a massive pessimist so usually call things right.

3 minutes ago, Spuddhism said:

She claimed to be the world's only Asparamancer, so must be. Can't believe it hasn't caught on. 

image.png.7e80aa0aba5dfb036564c5410e6c2af5.png

18 minutes ago, LJS said:

Who is an Asparamancer? It's not a gift that's widespread among the population at large.

... I say that, I thought there was a definite chance of at least one happening, but thought it would be just one and not both.