Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

All it does in regards to the election is give Trump more reason to say that the it was stolen from him through election interference if he loses, but he was gonna do that anyway so it’s mostly a big load of nothing. If he wins though it’ll certainly be interesting between him and Starmer, although I imagine that was always gonna be the case.

Kinda seems like they’ve needlessly given him a bit of ammo there, but also understand that they want all the help they can get with beating him, and tbh I think at this point they’re probably pretty confident that they have beat him so maybe it was worth the risk.

Rumours of something quite damaging* to Trump about to drop, possibly audio of him saying the N word. His lackeys are already coming out and claiming Dems will use A.I. against him before anything has even been released. 

* Well, damaging to any normal candidate - just another day for Trump that won’t dent his chances at all.

7 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Rumours of something quite damaging* to Trump about to drop, possibly audio of him saying the N word. His lackeys are already coming out and claiming Dems will use A.I. against him before anything has even been released. 

* Well, damaging to any normal candidate - just another day for Trump that won’t dent his chances at all.

haven't we been here before with this, doesn't do anything? He could stand in fifth avenue and shoot someone and he wouldn't lose any voters. He could be in court on multiple charges of conspiring to overturn elections and start coups as well as various rape/abuse charges and he wouldn't lose any voters. He could spout all sorts of early 30s Germany fascist stuff and he wouldn't lose any voters. The bloke is super teflon. They can't even kill him.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

haven't we been here before with this, doesn't do anything? He could stand in fifth avenue and shoot someone and he wouldn't lose any voters. He could be in court on multiple charges of conspiring to overturn elections and start coups as well as various rape/abuse charges and he wouldn't lose any voters. He could spout all sorts of early 30s Germany fascist stuff and he wouldn't lose any voters. The bloke is super teflon. They can't even kill him.

Yeah, his base isn’t abandoning him at this point and they’ll simply say it’s A.I. or a lie or possibly even know it’s real but think it’s actually awesome in secret and move on, but if it can reach some undecideds then it’s no bad thing. Not gonna swing the election like it would’ve done in the past, but gotta use all the ammunition handed to you. 

6 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Yeah, his base isn’t abandoning him at this point and they’ll simply say it’s A.I. or a lie or possibly even know it’s real but think it’s actually awesome in secret and move on, but if it can reach some undecideds then it’s no bad thing. Not gonna swing the election like it would’ve done in the past, but gotta use all the ammunition handed to you. 

hopefully reach some of those black male voters who for some reason are thinking of voting Trump.

32 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Given how many people believe Trump is unfit to be President, it is puzzling why some people still seem hesitant to deploy their strongest punches. I know there's a lot of due process with journalism to make sure it's right and can be published, but there's been a lot of "This story could bring down Trump!" in the last few years without us reaching the tipping point.

Edited by charlierc

6 hours ago, ian the worm said:

But but but…… Farage MP went to support Trumps campaign? And Truss keeps being there “helping” him.  Hypocrite yes? 

truss goes there to make trump look sane and normal.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

little bit sceptical of all these rumours coming out just before the election.

Isn’t that what anyone sensible would do ? Hold them untill the voting starts , I mean maybe some of it should have been released already. 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

little bit sceptical of all these rumours coming out just before the election.

It apparently happened just a couple of weeks ago. Guessing whoever’s got the video is shopping it around. Could end up being a big old nothing mind that they’re trying to play off as something, but a lot of right wing pundits seem to be trying to get ahead of it so seems it’s got people in his camp scared at least.

If this story is true, getting the video out would be a legal minefield. Because it involves a child, her safety would have to be prioritised and the video itself could pass the threshold for child abuse imagery which would mean the person who shot it and any outlet that publishes it could be criminally accountable.