LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Remember buying tickets in 2004 really quickly. Mate's girlfriend's sister worked at See and got hold of a backdoor link (back when this sort of thing was possible) into the booking screen.

Mates of mine had been going since 1997...said to me oh its easy to get tickets...obviously, pre-super fence was a doddle.

2002 took 6 weeks to sell out

2003 was 24 hours (which should have been the warning to what was going to happen)

so I finally try for 2004 and it was a fking nightmare.....and has been ever since! (bar 2008 and 2009)

21 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I first went in 2004, tickets went on sale at 8pm on a Thursday, I eventually got through online at about 7am Friday after someone posted a link on here (wayahead hosts thing I think?)

had to sack the Friday off work to sleep (called in sick) can recall just collapsing in bed two mins after I had got the tickets!

Was 2004 Aloud.com (part of Way Ahead?). That was a long one!

10 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

That was a long read after the forum wouldnt respond for an hour.

Still think a name comes up during the show and just tempering expectations was the way to go with twitter responses. Why would you show your full hand before hitting the airwaves anyway.

This.

She was not going to reply or tweet saying 'two names announced tonight'

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Mates of mine had been going since 1997...said to me oh its easy to get tickets...obviously, pre-super fence was a doddle.

2002 took 6 weeks to sell out

2003 was 24 hours (which should have been the warning to what was going to happen)

so I finally try for 2004 and it was a fking nightmare.....and has been ever since! (bar 2008 and 2009)

Particularly as you didn't even need a ticket to get in. 

4 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

She was not going to reply or tweet saying 'two names announced tonight'

You'd be pretty pissed if you were Radio 1 though. Had this big announcement planned but she's gone and oblitered your potential extra audience by saying she's just there to talk about her obviously not as popular talent competition. 

9 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

You'd be pretty pissed if you were Radio 1 though. Had this big announcement planned but she's gone and oblitered your potential extra audience by saying she's just there to talk about her obviously not as popular talent competition. 

Is there no announcement then? That's fucking trash.