LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Tend to agree that if Emily is facing Grogu's Dilemma of Hazza or Dua she'll push the big button marked Disco Bangers.

Would any decision on Macca’s replacement not be influenced by whether Kendrick has signed up or not?

I can’t believe the festival wouldn’t stick at least one guitar-heavy act in their big three.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Would any decision on Macca’s replacement not be influenced by whether Kendrick has signed up or not?

I can’t believe the festival wouldn’t stick at least one guitar-heavy act in their big three.

Emily’s just read this and booked Imagine Dragons instead.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

But who? There are no guitar acts that are big enough who are active. KoL?

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

In an ideal world, sure.  As it is they'll have to play with the cards they're dealt.

Though what they shouldn't do is rope in some time-servers like Kings of Leon or The Strokes to give an appearance balance and throw the baby out with the bathwater.

6 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

But who? There are no guitar acts that are big enough who are active. KoL?

Coldplay, Florence, Liam G, GnR, Foos,  even someone like Elton.

If Macca is out and Kendrick is still in then I would bet the third headliner comes from that list.

Edited by Hugh Jass

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

It is a stretch when they're headlining Reading/Leeds the same summer

Why are they exclusive? No stretch at all.  If Glasto were in a hole you don’t think a friend of the festival would help out? Maybe the R&L boss wouldn’t like it……

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In an ideal world, sure.  As it is they'll have to play with the cards they're dealt.

Though what they shouldn't do is rope in some time-servers like Kings of Leon or The Strokes to give an appearance balance and throw the baby out with the bathwater.

The Strokes would be the 5th best act to have headlined Glastonbury in the past decade after The Stones, Radiohead, The Cure and Kanye West tbh.

In terms of musical output only. Obviously they’re not outperforming Stormzy.

Yeah, if they’re struggling then they’d just get Coldplay in, and to be honest who could blame them? If artists are cancelling and they’re struggling to get stable headliners in then it’s an obvious move on the festival’s part, as much as we’d think it sucks.

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Yeah, if they’re struggling then they’d just get Coldplay in, and to be honest who could blame them? If artists are cancelling and they’re struggling to get stable headliners in then it’s an obvious move on the festival’s part, as much as we’d think it sucks.

I think if they were in a bind this year and had to hit the Yellow hotline I could forgive it.

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

The general Glasto crowd would love it though.