LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

2 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Someone who Neil believes to have accurate info came on this morning and said Macca is out with Harry in.

I didn’t think they had info Harry was in? Just Macca was out, and they then speculated Harry could be in?

Combined ranking of Muse/Paul McCartney songs:

1. Citizen Erased

2. Butterflies and Hurricanes

3. Map of the Problematique

4. Got to Get You Into My Life

5. Stockholm Syndrome

6. Helter Skelter

7. Eleanor Rigby

8. Dead Star

9. Reapers

10. Knights of Cydonia

n-1. Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever

n. Hey Jude

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

So we're agreed. Muse subbed by Olivia Rodrigo (2019 booking) on the Saturday, J.Cole subbed by Adele on the Sunday. Stevie Nicks in the Acoustic tent and Noel Gallagher in the mud.

A fine day's sleuthing, team. Well in.

Only thing I can agree with here is Noel Gallagher in the mud. Liam by far the superior brother.

10 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Someone who Neil believes to have accurate info came on this morning and said Macca is out with Harry in.

It was a guy that may or may not have good info. Apparently he said Madge was down to play a few years ago so go figure. Neil said he’s got conflicting news from two sources, and he’s going with the Madge guy.

A regular poster here who’s (I think) local still thinks it’s Macca. 

Also, in December one of the admin guys from the Fans On The Run FB site, who’s seemingly got connections, said that he’d heard that Macca would be touring, and Glastonbury would be at the start of the tour. 

Obviously things change, and Macca may have had second thoughts, but just because Neil has decided to believe one guy over another, it doesn’t mean that’s deffo the case.

Edited by henry bear
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

So we're agreed. Muse subbed by Olivia Rodrigo (2019 booking) on the Saturday, J.Cole subbed by Adele on the Sunday. Stevie Nicks in the Acoustic tent and Noel Gallagher in the mud.

Weird, I posted Muse/Olivia Rodrigo co-headline as a prediction on the R&L 2023 thread but I think it’s been lost in the forum’s dead stage.

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Only question left to answer is what’s replacing the Beat Hotel? 

40 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think if Elton was ever gonna headline he’d booked as a first choice, not drafted in as a late replacement. 

Is it a late replacement though? Do previous cancelled years even count? 

7 minutes ago, henry bear said:

It was a guy that may or may not have good info. Apparently he said Madge was down to play a few years ago so go figure. Neil said he’s got conflicting news from two sources, and he’s going with the Madge guy.

A regular poster here who’s (I think) local still thinks it’s Macca. 

Also, in December one of the admin guys from the Fans On The Run FB site, who’s seemingly got connections, said that he’d heard that Macca would be touring, and Glastonbury would be at the start of the tour. 

Obviously things change, and Macca may have had second thoughts, but just because Neil has decided to believe one guy over another, it doesn’t mean that’s deffo the case.

Love it! Keep the dream alive.

Had no idea the Beat Hotel was disappearing.

Wonder if they could put another stage there. Could do an indie throwback stage and have the likes of Jack Peñate and Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong headlining. Yuck and WU LYF could come back and play it. Would be unreal.