LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

FWIW I reckon he headlines next year anyway - he’ll presumably have new music by then (he might do this year I guess but it’s not clear atm) and will have played the lead in two big films, one of them alongside Florence Pugh who is on a big hype herself. His name will be through the roof. 

And as @dentalplankeeps saying his tour dates rule him out of this year. 

3 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Notwithstanding that he's able to mobilise an army of teeny boppers, the point stands. A man who was the main fella in (rightly or wrongly) the biggest British boyband since the Beatles, and he's managed a number 1 album for the hotly anticipated debut but followed it up with just a number 2 album - along with just a smattering of top 40 hits. I've just read his initial solo record deal was for £80mil, imagine the dough they've spent on promo and the amount of airtime he's had - he should have been this generation's Robbie Williams but he's flopped it big time.

And what to say about Coachella, just one big marketing exercise with a couple of microphones and a drum kit in the corner. Who plays there should be utterly meaningless to Glastonbury festival, or indeed anybody with a genuine interest in music.

I guess thats why Glasto never got Prince you twat. Maybe jealous that everyone will remember Beyonce for Coachella 2018 moreso than Glasto 2011?  Also, the festival was practically sold out before the line up was even announced, so Harry being on the poster didnt really make a difference in ticket sales since there was almost no inventory. Sounds familiar doesnt it. 

Sorry to say, but since it might stand that the 2 of the highest profile festivals in the world might share 2 headliners in the same year but theyre not your cup of tea, you can just go fuck off. Both ended up in the same situation where they had a trio of headliners that played to the festivals respective strengths and now theyve both had to scramble because of circumstances beyond their control. DEAL WITH IT OR RETURN YOUR TICKET.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Downvote 12

All these slating Harry need to sit and listen to Fine Line.

It has some absolutely brilliant songs on there across genres. There is one track that actually made me think Bon Iver had a new single out (Cherry). Golden, Treat People With Kindness and Adore You are brilliantly written. This is before you start with one of best pop songs of last ten years (Watermelon Sugar). Canyon Moon is full of Paul Simon vibes.

These are also JUST from album 2. Don't write him off just yet, just because he is popular with teenage girls.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I guess thats why Glasto never got Prince you twat. Maybe jealous that everyone will remember Beyonce for Coachella 2018 moreso than Glasto 2011?  Also, the festival was practically sold out before the line up was even announced, so Harry being on the poster didnt really make a difference in ticket sales since there was almost no inventory. Sounds familiar doesnt it. 

Sorry to say, but since it might stand that the 2 of the highest profile festivals in the world might share 2 headliners in the same year but theyre not your cup of tea, you can just go fuck off. Both ended up in the same situation where they had a trio of headliners that played to the festivals respective strengths and now theyve both had to scramble because of circumstances beyond their control. DEAL WITH IT OR RETURN YOUR TICKET.

U ok hun?

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Such an angry person.  Maybe you should talk to someone 

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

There comes a point in time when I become less concerned about your seemingly constant abrasive responses and more for your actual mental health. I'm sure you're a decent person underneath beneath this angry facade, and although verbally abusing someone for having an opposing opinion on a music festival is not cool, if you have stuff going on, maybe it's worth taking five and dealing with it before giving people a false impression of who you are. FWIW, as I've said before, your positive contributions are an asset to the site, giving us a view from stateside and I appreciate them. I'm not the thread police, far from it, you're free to post whatever content you like within the boundaries that Neil has set, it's just an observation from someone with experience in this situation. My DMs are open to you or anyone who might need to let off steam. Have a good day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

damn sorry he rubbed you the wrong way 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I can't recall the exact conversation a few months ago, but Suprefan went off his/her head at me a while back over something trivial and started throwing insults.

I think you need to go off to Twitter or something if you want to act like that post above.

Gets really angry if you start having a pop at Coachella…

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Gets really angry if you start having a pop at Coachella…

I'm not into arguing on this board...that's why I had to get out of the 'shit' thread when Covid was at its worst because Ozanne and all the Barry's were just angling for arguments all the time.

Weirdly, coming on here was good for me to actually (try) to talk about festivals and music when the rest of the world was losing its shit over vaccines and lockdowns.

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Morning mate!

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

If someone gets enough downvotes, do they get booted so the rest of us don’t need to stomach their unnecessarily horrible bile any more?