LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

Anyone doubting if Harry would smash it should watch the Tiny Desk session or his cover of Sledgehammer.

Mid-noughties almost-made-it singer Kid Harpoon is one of his main songwriters.

Saw Kid Harpoon at Glasto in 2007 then a few times after that in London, really enjoyed his shows. Disappointing he gave up doing his own thing and went to write for Harry but guess he needs to get paid like the rest of us!

After Emilys tweets yesterday, I decided I wasn't going to bother with the R1 thing at 6pm....however I found myself at about 7pm with some time to kill before I watched Celtic v Rangers in my 'man cave' , got myself a beer and then just decided to flick over to R1 whilst the pre-match build up was on.

Luckily Emily was on at around 10 past 7 and so I caught the whole thing, I don't know about anyone else  but the entire segment put me on a bit of a high, perhaps even just to hear her saying they were back full on festival mode did it but i feel that (just about )life is back to normal, pre-festival build up is starting for us, a further act announced, balance payments due inside four weeks and first line up poster to drop by the end of March, and thankfully this board is back to over analysing and petty squabbling about line ups rather than facemasks, vaccines and lockdown.

That coupled with it being a bit lighter when I leave for work and get home at night has made today to be a good morning and the best I've felt in a long time, the lockdowns were so bad for me my gf had to call my GP and order me to speak to him and I was eventually put on medication as I dealt with it terribly, the first time my mental health has ever taken a turn for the worse.

Thankfully I feel a lot better now, and I'm sure some of that is down to the fact that the festival is 100% on this year.

Here's to a great Glastonbury 2022.

🙂 

Edited by gooner1990
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 10

13 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The people with a good track record also started with no track record.

I wouldn't say "no" track record. They came on a couple of years ago with a claim so outlandish that had it came true they would have forever entered the annuls of the great ITKers...

Sadly the pandemic banjaxed that and we will never know. I suspect it was bullshit though.

25 minutes ago, sisco said:

So basically one poster with no track record said Harry (who can only play Saturday and has another gig Sunday in another country) is headlining and Macca isn’t.

I'm going to say it’s unlikely. 

The other way round. Macca was a no and they suggested Harry as a replacement. 

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I wouldn't say "no" track record. They came on a couple of years ago with a claim so outlandish that had it came true they would have forever entered the annuls of the great ITKers...

Sadly the pandemic banjaxed that and we will never know. I suspect it was bullshit though.

In fairness they did call the original 2020 headline trio in October 2019 and said they knew someone in Macca's camp. That was alongside the Madonna info in fairness so it's not like that poster has come out of nowhere. 

3 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

In fairness they did call the original 2020 headline trio in October 2019 and said they knew someone in Macca's camp. That was alongside the Madonna info in fairness so it's not like that poster has come out of nowhere. 

Ah, forgot the 2020 trio stuff. Just thought it was the Madonna thing...

33 minutes ago, sisco said:

So basically one poster with no track record said Harry (who can only play Saturday and has another gig Sunday in another country) is headlining and Macca isn’t.

I'm going to say it’s unlikely. 

theres more than that poster, theres newspaper stories too, and those stories look like theyve been placed by harry's peeps.

2 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

No idea where to put this but …

https://newsfeeds.media/noel-gallagher-to-perform-at-glastonbury-for-the-first-time-in-18-years/

Noel subbing Saturday with Haim playing before him according to this article.

Seems legit. 

Noel under Styles would be hilarious. I can just imagine him signing up thinking he was under Macca, and then it's all shifted and now he's curtain jerking for Styles 😂

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Seems legit. 

Noel under Styles would be hilarious. I can just imagine him signing up thinking he was under Macca, and then it's all shifted and now he's curtain jerking for Styles 😂

Still think there's a good possibility that if Macca is indeed out for Harry then he swaps with Dua Lipa and she subs while he headlines Other.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Still think there's a good possibility that if Macca is indeed out for Harry then he swaps with Dua Lipa and she subs while he headlines Other.

Noel would have a monster crowd headlining the Other. That could be quite the show.

13 hours ago, sisco said:

Why are they exclusive? No stretch at all.  If Glasto were in a hole you don’t think a friend of the festival would help out? Maybe the R&L boss wouldn’t like it……

melvin let glastonbury have the libs  as a surprise act when they were supposedly exclusive to r/L.