LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

If it was previously stated that there was not going to be a resale ( last year ) due to next to almost no ticket returns, how is there expected to be a resale this year

I don't think it was the case there was not going to be a resale at all. They were going to have one in October 2020, during the usual general sale, for people who returned their tickets after the cancellation announcement, but they gave up on that idea given the returns, and reverted to the usual April resale plan for after the balance deadline (which of course got moved once again):

https://twitter.com/emilyeavis/status/1299990430881329152

Edited by leonaves

48 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Theyve had 2 years now instead of 9 months. All theyve had to fight over is agents trying to get a better stage slot cause their artist got a few extra million streams. You can avoid some fuss by making the poster alphabetical again so nobody can say a damn thing about it. If they really didnt wanna be put under the gun then dont announce the balance window for the dates they gave. If they made it later and put the poster out before that time you just made people happy instead of frustrated. There isnt gonna be some 11th hour headliner pull out like Coachella, cause it seems they might have their backup ready to go from the look of it.

The advanced balance window is for tax reasons to avoid extra vat.

2 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

One reason would be that the lineup simply isn't ready.

Emily is currently preparing her Adele video... "sorry efests, my show ain't ready and I can't give you what I got" 

3 hours ago, kingbadger said:

That's so bizarre that going to Glastonbury is wholly dictated by whether one artist is there or not. Would they have jacked in their 2020 festival if it went ahead and Swift wasn't headlining? Can't wrap my head round that.

To be fair their reason for not going is also health related but a Swifty appearance would've been the decider. The last one was their first glasto and I don't think they enjoyed it as much as the rest of us.

3 hours ago, kingbadger said:

That's so bizarre that going to Glastonbury is wholly dictated by whether one artist is there or not. Would they have jacked in their 2020 festival if it went ahead and Swift wasn't headlining? Can't wrap my head round that.

Friend of mine point blank refuses to go to Glastonbury because you buy the tickets before the lineup is released. Thing I don’t get is she has been before, several times in the 90s, so she knows Glastonbury is more than just the Headliners, even more bizarre is she goes to Download every year despite them  having the same 5 headliners on rotation.

2 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Friend of mine point blank refuses to go to Glastonbury because you buy the tickets before the lineup is released. Thing I don’t get is she has been before, several times in the 90s, so she knows Glastonbury is more than just the Headliners, even more bizarre is she goes to Download every year despite them  having the same 5 headliners on rotation.

You can also cancel your tickets after finding out the lineup lol.

Just a quick one on the resale … we have only had half the people return to the spreadsheet for that … that could be for any number of reasons … but I’d imagine they would be the diehards … have the others forgotten about efests or not returned after it broke  … obviously I look at the positives but I think we stand at least as much chance this year if not more than usual .. anyway team resale if you read this keep the faith 😀

7 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Are they just a big metalhead?

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just a quick one on the resale … we have only had half the people return to the spreadsheet for that … that could be for any number of reasons … but I’d imagine they would be the diehards … have the others forgotten about efests or not returned after it broke  … obviously I look at the positives but I think we stand at least as much chance this year if not more than usual .. anyway team resale if you read this keep the faith 😀

I've seen a couple of people on Facebook that think it's still offline, because the main site is.   I think they only read as far as far as 'efestivals is offline for maintenance and will be back soon'

In addition to that, some on the original spreadsheet may be sick, older, with new children, unemployed, hung up their dancing shoes etc.

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

I've seen a couple of people on Facebook that think it's still offline, because the main site is.   I think they only read as far as far as 'efestivals is offline for maintenance and will be back soon'

In addition to that, some on the original spreadsheet may be sick, older, with new children, unemployed, hung up their dancing shoes etc.

Yep absolutely and that will apply across the board .. seen some queries with regard lineup page and that should be sorted soon from what neil said … of course there will be some newbies . Life is quite hard for many at the mo with rising costs and won’t be able to afford a luxury of a festival … I’m hopeful for team resale 

8 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

It will be a bigger amount of tickets available in the resale than usual (life changes a lot in couple of years), but I also think that the demand will be very high. We are talking that some people may be 3 years in a row without Glasto if they don't take tickets this time.

There will also be children who are now 13 or 14 yrs who were 11 or 12 in 2020 who now need a ticket who need to be included in numbers and who will take up some of the returns.