LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

14 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Then why did Roskilde announce? They had plenty of time to delay out of respect for whats going on. The wheels are going to keep turning. Anything short of a nuclear attack or Boris/Biden/Putin being killed right now isnt going to delay much of anything.

I genuinely dont know this, so this isnt an argument... do Roskilde pride themselves on their ethics? I.e. CND etc?

That might be why glastonbury want to delay

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I genuinely dont know this, so this isnt an argument... do Roskilde pride themselves on their ethics? I.e. CND etc?

The Eavii don't need the publicity, but equally they're not going to want big news on their comeback headliners lost in a news cycle dominated by war.

6 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

So if glasto announce today is it unethical?

Load of nonsense imo, they announced last time in the middle of covid getting rapidly worse in the U.K.

Its a music festival, announce it whenever who cares. If today was the Friday of Glasto would they be cancelling because Russia invaded Ukraine? Nah I don’t think so 

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Not sure but considering The Smile are playing you would think Thom Yorke wouldnt be vocal about whats happening and not want this announcement to go out. You can also say that every other promoter right now is being totally insensitive with the announcements theyve made the last couple hours already. The Weeknd has been the only one so far to put their tour announcement on hold. If we stopped every time there was an attack or an act of war then nothing would ever go forward cause that sort of thing is happening in plenty of places on a daily basis. As much as Glastonbury is a socially conscious event they arent going to just stop the balance window from happening next week are they? Or is taking our money ok because of what they do with it compared to other festivals? Brexit happened the week of Glasto and the festival did not shut down, so how about that.

Edited by Suprefan

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

So if glasto announce today is it unethical?

Load of nonsense imo, they announced last time in the middle of covid getting rapidly worse in the U.K.

Its a music festival, announce it whenever who cares. If today was the Friday of Glasto would they be cancelling because Russia invaded Ukraine? Nah I don’t think so 

I do see your point, but doing it at 8am in the mannor of "HERE WE GO!" could have been seen as being a but insensitive.

As for "they announced last time in the middle of covid getting rapidly worse in the U.K." the announcement wasnt a normal one. Did anyone actually believe the festival was going to take place?

They could still announce & do something like last time i.e. "We realise the situation in the world etc..."

20 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

do Roskilde pride themselves on their ethics? I.e. CND etc?

They do. I'd say out of all the (big) festivals in Europe, they seem to be the most similar to Glastonbury in that regard: https://www.roskilde-festival.dk/en/sustainability/introduction/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1