LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

3 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

3 minutes ago, Divein said:

I thought the same but it’s still there they’ve just gone mad with RE-tweeting partygate stuff so their timeline is out of sync. 

Ah, yes my apols 🙂

5 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Would love to see a bit of ALFOS stuff on the Glade this year as well 

(I am now fully committed to the idea that it’s being released today and I won’t be told otherwise) 

100% with you on this! 6 hours from Sean Johnston, even on the Thursday night, would be special. How great were the AFLOS Emergency Broadcasts throughout the past couple of years? Will be seeking out some downtempo acid house and similar this year where I can!

37 minutes ago, rubick said:

100% with you on this! 6 hours from Sean Johnston, even on the Thursday night, would be special. How great were the AFLOS Emergency Broadcasts throughout the past couple of years? Will be seeking out some downtempo acid house and similar this year where I can!

Chuggy Thursdays sounds like a bit of me! I’ve only just discovered the emergency broadcasts , that’s what got me thinking - best believe thats the next few days listening sorted !

1 minute ago, Obiginnaw said:

Chuggy Thursdays sounds like a bit of me! I’ve only just discovered the emergency broadcasts , that’s what got me thinking - best believe thats the next few days listening sorted !

Mate the one from NYE was 9pm - 6.10am - "all the hits for one night only!" Managed the whole thing although you get used to dancing on the sofa too much 😂

6 minutes ago, rubick said:

Mate the one from NYE was 9pm - 6.10am - "all the hits for one night only!" Managed the whole thing although you get used to dancing on the sofa too much 😂

That sounds like a belter way to start the year 😂 I’ll start with that one this evening then 

also unsure if it’s my phone scatting out but the Dub Pistols tweet now won’t load up at all even from the link in here, has it actually been deleted now ? 

15 hours ago, Lushroom said:

Just when I thought I was starting to get to grips with the size of it....

So much music *and* everything else, why is it only 5 days? Going to have to miss so much 😢

Honestly one of the best things you can do is get your head around the fact that you won't see everything. There are people who have gone for years and years who haven't seen everything. Just try and enjoy the things you do see and experience. If it's your first time try and take some time to walk around the site on Wednesday and Thursday but I'm going to my 8th and still have things that I keep saying I must get around to doing. 

10 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Honestly one of the best things you can do is get your head around the fact that you won't see everything. There are people who have gone for years and years who haven't seen everything. Just try and enjoy the things you do see and experience. If it's your first time try and take some time to walk around the site on Wednesday and Thursday but I'm going to my 8th and still have things that I keep saying I must get around to doing. 

Yep first timer! Quite an anxious person and normally mitigate it a bit at festivals by having a plan, but definitely realising that actually might make me more anxious at Glastonbury!

I read advice (or maybe heard it on the glastocast?) to pick two things a day that are absolute must dos, and then let the winds carry you about wherever inbetween. Think I'm going to try and go with that. But then how to pick only 2 things?!

50 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Also unsure if it’s my phone scatting out but the Dub Pistols tweet now won’t load up at all even from the link in here, has it actually been deleted now ? 

Yeah it mysteriously disappeared about an hour or so ago.

8 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

Yep first timer! Quite an anxious person and normally mitigate it a bit at festivals by having a plan, but definitely realising that actually might make me more anxious at Glastonbury!

I read advice (or maybe heard it on the glastocast?) to pick two things a day that are absolute must dos, and then let the winds carry you about wherever inbetween. Think I'm going to try and go with that. But then how to pick only 2 things?!

I'm a planner and really enjoy the planning. I just make multiple plans 😄 The key thing is not to underestimate how tiring it is and how long it can take to go between stages and how much the weather or hunger or just seeing something random might derail your day. I usually mark everything I am interested in so that if I end up in the park at x time I can see what things are near there that I want to see. 

The best thing though is to own your choices and don't worry about what you are missing out on because at Glastonbury absolutely everyone is missing something. Also if you go to something and it's not as good as you expected or the atmosphere is off or you don't feel comfortable it's fine to move on. Hope you have a wonderful first festival. 

11 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

There's nothing wrong with having a detailed plan down to the minute, it's all part of the fun. My favourite part of the build up is spending the couple of weeks before hand on the clashfinder site highlighting everything I want to see.

Sometimes I'll end up seeing my 2nd or 3rd choice simply because it's nearer to where I am, which then has a knock on effect of where you go next after that as well.

So have a plan but don't worry about sticking to it.

12 minutes ago, mazola said:

There's nothing wrong with having a detailed plan down to the minute, it's all part of the fun. My favourite part of the build up is spending the couple of weeks before hand on the clashfinder site highlighting everything I want to see.

Sometimes I'll end up seeing my 2nd or 3rd choice simply because it's nearer to where I am, which then has a knock on effect of where you go next after that as well.

So have a plan but don't worry about sticking to it.

Yep this for me is key. Have a plan just don't be wed to it!! I like to have lots of plans. 

54 minutes ago, Lushroom said:

Honestly I’d say just have a plan if it helps your anxiety (detailed, act every lot) but just ignore it if it’s not working.

means that’s no matter what, you have a plan of something to do at all times, but if you get to those things, that’s ok. 

Like others, I mark everyone I'm interested in seeing in one colour on the clashfinder, with maybe one or two per day "must sees" in another colour.  Realistically, I'm not going to see a quarter of those marked but again like others, it means if I find myself say up at the Park, I can have a quick shufty at my clashfinder to see if there's anything worth seeing around then, around there.  If not, I'll decide where to vaguely head to and whether there is anything vaguely on the way that I might look out for.

It's all vague, but it works I think.

2 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Like others, I mark everyone I'm interested in seeing in one colour on the clashfinder, with maybe one or two per day "must sees" in another colour.  Realistically, I'm not going to see a quarter of those marked but again like others, it means if I find myself say up at the Park, I can have a quick shufty at my clashfinder to see if there's anything worth seeing around then, around there.  If not, I'll decide where to vaguely head to and whether there is anything vaguely on the way that I might look out for.

I do this. Absolutely must sees get green, those that I would like to see are blue - and those that i might be able to fit in get yellow. 

4 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Yeap very similar! One colour must see, one colour 'oh i fancy that', another colour if I'm seeing them at another festival that summer and will happily see them there, final colour if I've seen them in the past year or so and am happy to forego them! 

1 minute ago, David_303 said:

I do this. Absolutely must sees get green, those that I would like to see are blue - and those that i might be able to fit in get yellow. 

And some people, such as Lekkido, Mik and Just Two Mums, get marked multiple times so that I can try to catch the most convenient.  I swear though that everywhere I went in 2019, there was Lekkido!!