LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

8 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Quick practical question.  I am working on my playlist.

Has anything been officially announced apart from the main poster and Avalon?  Thanks!

Nothing officially that I know of but there will be a few other acts that have self confirmed if you go to the festivals section of the website and search for Glastonbury 2022 they should have every act that has been announced either officially or unofficially. 

5 minutes ago, David_303 said:

Silver Hayes has just updated their cover photo on their FB group profile.....

This is why I come here, dedication to the smallest detail (plus working from home and no one knows whilst I’m on calls where I have no input)

15 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Quick practical question.  I am working on my playlist.

Has anything been officially announced apart from the main poster and Avalon?  Thanks!

In the news about the ETC it said "2020’s winners including R.A.E (who will perform at this year’s Festival)". That's the only act I'm aware of that has been officially confirmed but isn't on the 1st poster or Avalon announcement. 

I’m beginning to think they are sitting in the worthy  farm office pissing themselves laughing at this thread and our desperation for an announcement of any kind. I used to take the same perverse delight after marking exam papers and then delaying giving the results out.

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’m beginning to think they are sitting in the worthy  farm office pissing themselves laughing at this thread and our desperation for an announcement of any kind.

You can imagine the scene...

"Eh, how many pages will we get from this? Tell Bob from The Common to vaguely say May, that will get them going..."

"What do you mean it isn't a hot topic? Tell Sarah at Silver Hayes to change their photo..."

34 minutes ago, leonaves said:

Why do you think the people who run The Common are a large enough group that they have a dedicated social media person? I work in a 50 person company and we don't have one.

I don’t, but there’s likely to be one person within the team who tends to shoulder the social media burden more than anyone else. 
“Social Media intern” was just a hyperbolic turn of phrase… 

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’m beginning to think they are sitting in the worthy  farm office pissing themselves laughing at this thread and our desperation for an announcement of any kind. I used to take the same perverse delight after marking exam papers and then delaying giving the results out.

I absolutely think they must do this and if it was me I would create so many posts on instagram that could mean something but don't.  

6 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

You can imagine the scene...

"Eh, how many pages will we get from this? Tell Bob from The Common to vaguely say May, that will get them going..."

"What do you mean it isn't a hot topic? Tell Sarah at Silver Hayes to change their photo..."

😂😂 Yeah, they've probably got feck all else to do at the moment! 

24 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Nothing officially that I know of but there will be a few other acts that have self confirmed if you go to the festivals section of the website and search for Glastonbury 2022 they should have every act that has been announced either officially or unofficially. 

Great, thanks! I have been doing that, was just wondering if there was a large bunch of names elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, Barneym said:

This is why I come here, dedication to the smallest detail (plus working from home and no one knows whilst I’m on calls where I have no input)

Sadly, I have one of those jobs where I have to keep abreast of every little detail....

Just now, Watergirl said:

Great, thanks! I have been doing that, was just wondering if there was a large bunch of names elsewhere.

That'll be the most up to date info we have. I know after the Avalon announcement it was updated within the hour so always my go to now to check if I have missed anything. 

Here is a thought. No more announcements until May 6th because we are getting a second announcement poster like they did in 2014. A sort of second wave of acts before the full stage splits in June?

This would mean the common would announce their headliners and still have a full breakdown to come.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/full-2014-line-up-revealed/

4DEF3A1E-B04B-47C5-9E55-5C5191F29488.png

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Here is a thought. No more announcements until May 6th because we are getting a second announcement poster like they did in 2014. A sort of second wave of acts before the full stage splits in June?

Maybe but I think that would take away from the individual area's getting to promote themselves via their official social media channels (and thus promoting said social media channels)

2 hours ago, sisco said:

A full line up with no stage breakdowns would be pretty amazing, that piece of paper would need to be huge!!

This website would be finished if they did this! Would be incredibly fun if they did this then like a day later dropped the proper one!

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

This would mean the common would announce their headliners and still have a full breakdown to come.

That 2014 lineup was a stormer. I had no idea Klock & Dettmann played Silver Hayes! 😀

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Or it’s just the same as it was in 2019 with the series of area posters including The Common! 

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The below reads to me like we’re getting the individual area announcements in the same way as recent years