LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

38 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yep that’s great … just felt odd that they built up to the interview and then only played half … could have just removed a track from the playlist … although I’m no dj so could be totally wrong 

Going up on BBC Sounds tomorrow afternoon. 

• Thanks 1

I doubt he will play the same day Foals will play, specially considering Wolf Alice subbing them. I can't imagine a run Sam Fender - Wolf Alice - Foals as they are all very similar. He looks more likely for Saturday/Sunday if the info is correct. Anderson Paak third down Friday could work. 

11 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

I doubt he will play the same day Foals will play, specially considering Wolf Alice subbing them. I can't imagine a run Sam Fender - Wolf Alice - Foals as they are all very similar. He looks more likely for Saturday/Sunday if the info is correct. Anderson Paak third down Friday could work. 

How do we know WA are subbing?

Are Foals bigger than Wolf Alice right now? I’d honestly have them swapped if I was predicting an other stage top 2.

Foals headlining the Other makes me think Wolf Alice could not be playing. Something about that being the top 2 on the Friday doesn’t sit right with me.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Are Foals bigger than Wolf Alice right now? I’d honestly have them swapped if I was predicting an other stage top 2.

Foals headlining the Other makes me think Wolf Alice could not be playing. Something about that being the top 2 on the Friday doesn’t sit right with me.

Foals are bigger, yes. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Foals are bigger, yes. 

Hmm. They are on the decline though while Wolf Alice are on the up. Perhaps they didn’t like the idea of having Wolf Alice against Billie?

How reliable is this leaker? I’m not sure a Foals/Wolf Alice top 2 really looks right.

Wolf Alice could just be playing on the Saturday instead. I know they’re in Germany on the Sunday but there’s no reason why they couldn’t do two days in a row, especially when it would give them an extra days rest after their jaunt to America. Them subbing the Other stage on Friday is just something we’ve all decided is likely but there’s never been anything to suggest where, or if, they’re actually playing. Either way, I don’t think them playing before Foals is a big deal.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hmm. They are on the decline though while Wolf Alice are on the up. Perhaps they didn’t like the idea of having Wolf Alice against Billie?

How reliable is this leaker? I’m not sure a Foals/Wolf Alice top 2 really looks right.

Ehhh Foals are sitting comfortably as headliners for a lot of mid sized festivals and playing pretty big venues these days whereas Wolf Alice are still working things out in that respect. Foals are definitely the bigger band, and Wolf Alice subbing isn’t strange at all, especially as we know Foals have stepped in for QOTSA.

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Wolf Alice could just be playing on the Saturday instead. I know they’re in Germany on the Sunday but there’s no reason why they couldn’t do two days in a row, especially when it would give them an extra days rest after their jaunt to America. Them subbing the Other stage on Friday is just something we’ve all decided is likely but there’s never been anything to suggest where, or if, they’re actually playing. Either way, I don’t think them playing before Foals is a big deal.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Ehhh Foals are sitting comfortably as headliners for a lot of mid sized festivals and playing pretty big venues these days whereas Wolf Alice are still working things out in that respect. Foals are definitely the bigger band, and Wolf Alice subbing isn’t strange at all, especially as we know Foals have stepped in for QOTSA.

Perhaps I’m over thinking it. Emily’s interview the other day sounded like the lineup is going to be a squeeze as it is.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s @adequate8 who has had info before.

Nobody has said WA are subbing the other barring predictions. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Perhaps I’m over thinking it. Emily’s interview the other day sounded like the lineup is going to be a squeeze as it is.

Well we now have info that Sam Fender is third down Other which is a low slot for him considering his current trajectory so clearly they’re squeezing people in wherever they can and sometimes at the expense of slots they probably warrant, so yeah, might be some big acts in low slots across the board. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Well we now have info that Sam Fender is third down Other which is a low slot for him considering his current trajectory so clearly they’re squeezing people in wherever they can and sometimes at the expense of slots they probably warrant, so yeah, might be some big acts in low slots across the board. 

Good for us though.

1 hour ago, AlexOvd said:

Anderson .Paak supporting RHCP on the Saturday but not the Sunday leads me to think he’ll be at Glasto Sunday.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Wolf Alice probably has a higher chance of Saturday with Harry on that day now. So then everyone jets over to Germany together and they get the tour going the next day.