LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Only bit of note in addition to yesterday is they have all the headliners for the next 2 years booked in.

Oh, and 2022 is going to be the best one ever.

Love Michael to bits but there’s no way they’ve got the next 2 years of headliners sorted. Handshake agreements at the very most surely given the current state of things. There’s a chance they might not even all the headliners booked for THIS year yet!

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Love Michael to bits but there’s no way they’ve got the next 2 years of headliners sorted. Handshake agreements at the very most surely given the current state of things. There’s a chance they might not even all the headliners booked for THIS year yet!

They've had a fee years to negotiate/work on acts, plus plenty of tours delayed. Wouldn't be surprised if next year's are locked in, year after an initial agreement

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

He does say it every single time. I don't think it's ever true.

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He does say it every single time. I don't think it's ever true.

I always imagine him poking his head round the door:

”How’s next year looking Emily?”

”Yeah Dad, we’ve got a few ideas. Things are coming together.”

<Runs off and tells the press everything is booked>

Edited by Hugh Jass

29 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I always imagine him poking his head round the door:

”How’s next year looking Emily?”

”Yeah Dad, we’ve got a few ideas. Things are coming together.”

<Runs off and tells the press everything is booked>

something like that, i've had emily tell me future years are booked.

I’m sure Emily confirmed the poster wouldn’t be out until next month. The question is whether they release it before ticket payments are due. Surely they have enough names, and they’ve released a poster with a headliner missing before (I think that was Metallica). 

When does the first version of the revised map usually get revealed? 

26 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I’m sure Emily confirmed the poster wouldn’t be out until next month. The question is whether they release it before ticket payments are due. Surely they have enough names, and they’ve released a poster with a headliner missing before (I think that was Metallica). 

If I remember correctly the interview gave a timeline of:

End of Feb: More artist news

"March": First poster

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Yeah I keep coming back to this, for that exact reason. It's happened twice – one was Metallica, and the other was The Who. 

Appreciate it's sub-optimal but if the line-up as a whole is killer... no biggie if a headliner is still TBC.

It wouldn’t shock me if Glastonbury had at least an idea of who they would like to headline in 2023 / 2024. Some slots will be on hold even if contracts aren’t signed.

Some conversations will be more advanced than others - for example they are probably in advanced talks with 2023 acts and they may have started to plan around those conversations, but no nothing is locked in place yet.

For example Taylor Swift has probably told them to keep a slot for her the next time she tours (whenever that is), so Glastonbury will plan around that and act as if they have one of the headliners in place… but that doesn’t mean Taylor is booked.

However if 3 completely different acts came into the frame asking about 2023 they would probably have to say they only have two vacancies available. There will be priorities in the booking process. Emily has probably told Michael that they have three targets for 2023 and conversations are advanced.

15 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

I'm beginning to wonder if next years line up is more solid than this years!

It’s a good point. Generally I’d speculate with tours - and therefore Glastonbury appearances - for this year to remain unpredictable, 2023 getting close to normal, only by 2024 everything 100% on. 

They will surely make one further artist announcement, that is more than one solitary act, before balance window closes. They need to get in the press to remind people to pay. They want as few returns as poss. It will happen. It may not be a big list but i feel we’ll get a few names pre 7th march. Perhaps 10-15

2 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

They will surely make one further artist announcement, that is more than one solitary act, before balance window closes. They need to get in the press to remind people to pay. They want as few returns as poss. It will happen. It may not be a big list but i feel we’ll get a few names pre 7th march. Perhaps 10-15

I'd argue 10-15 is a pretty big list, but yeah I agree we will get something before end of balance window for sure. 

8 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Normal poster is what 60 names? So they can give us a small taste of whats going down from the biggest to the more minor surely. I think there will be something newsworthy anyway. We shall see!

Oh sorry, I see what you mean. Like a mini poster almost of 15 or so. Dunno how I'd feel about that. 

46 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

I'd say 3 or fewer. If minimising returns is the aim a 'mini poster' seems so unlikely as they'd run the risk of customers seeing 10 names, not seeing anyone they like and then returning.

Whereas they can release a pyramid and other stage headliner, promise the other 55 names are being finalised but it'll be the "best one ever" and people would still go. 

But tbh they could do whatever they want with the poster release, people aren't returning tickets this year.

Yeah this might be very naive of me, but Glasto is oversubscribed by something ridiculous like 500%. 

Presumably they pay seetickets or whoever it is to deal with the resale process(?). If that is the case, they don't care how many go back in the pot. 

I'm fairly sure they could literally say 'we aren't telling you anything until the day of the festival' and they'd still be in exactly the same position. 

Obviously the rep of the festival is all important, but in a bind they can do whatever the hell they want, right?