Acts Touring around Glastonbury 2023

kingcrawler

3 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Hot Chip headlining the Nonce Tent on the Friday providing a decent party option. Optimism in me says they'll put Prodigy on opposite Arctic Monkeys to save us from the Elton clashterfuck

Man I'd be all over Hot Chip in the Nonce Tent. Their October show was cracking. That's a Friday night party right there.

That West Holts set was sublime.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Discord sounds like a scary and complicated world to me. I prefer 90s style Internet.

I remember trying to fix things before the Internet, that was pretty scary and complicated.  Mind you some of the IT stuff I do has a lot of awful advice proffered on supposed help sites. 

53 minutes ago, JonnyG said:

Sorry, I'm an internet Neanderthal - what is Discord, please?

It's another site/app people use to talk on. There's a lot of crossover between there and here, but they both serve their purposes. DM me if you want more info

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Discord sounds like a scary and complicated world to me. I prefer 90s style Internet.

Nah, it takes some getting used to  but once you're there it's so much better. a More 21st century style approach to festival discussion 🤓

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Enkidu said:

It's another site/app people use to talk on. There's a lot of crossover between there and here, but they both serve their purposes. DM me if you want more info

Nah, it takes some getting used to  but once you're there it's so much better. a More 21st century style approach to festival discussion 🤓

That's what I was afraid of! I'm old.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gazzared said:

Ive never seen them either I'll check them out now and never seen a headliner at west holts

If they are there definitely worth a watch. One of those bands that are so much better live than they are on record so even if you don’t like their albums much they are still worth checking out. 

• Like 1

Hot Chip subbing in 2010 is one of my all time Glastonbury highlights. First one, just finished uni. Sun going down and an amazing sunset. With a fella I was madly in love with at the time. 

Anyway, has anyone mentioned War on Drugs touring? UK just before but with a Paris date in the middle which might scupper things. Would love to see them. 

Hot Chip finish a US and Canada tour in early June..... (and I have just persuaded an American buddy to go see them in Washington)

You simply must take the opportunity to see them at some stage... my favourite live band.

(and with the absolutely marvellous Sarah Jones)

Edited by BlueDaze
in praise of epic drumming

4 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Man I'd be all over Hot Chip in the Nonce Tent. Their October show was cracking. That's a Friday night party right there.

That West Holts set was sublime.

Yeah it’s a top draw option. 

I’d go as far as saying they’re my favourite live act.

Must have seen them 7-8 times and it’s always 10/10. 

Would be a first JP headliner for me too. 

3 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

I love Hot Chip and have never seen them, but can't help but feel them headlining the tent is a weak booking. They only headlined a stage two festivals ago, and will mean them headlining one three times in six festivals

It’s a fair argument, but when faced with chip shop terrier clogging up The Pyramid, it’s something I’m willing to overlook. 

14 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Bit of a left field suggestion but Pete Tong is doing his Ibiza classics tour with orchestra in June and July and has the Glasto weekend free. 

Certainly a possibility for a slot similar to Hacienda Classical in 2017. 

Would be a decent start to the day. 

I’m in. 

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Bit of a left field suggestion but Pete Tong is doing his Ibiza classics tour with orchestra in June and July and has the Glasto weekend free. 

Certainly a possibility for a slot similar to Hacienda Classical in 2017. 

Yeah get that on as Pyramid opener